Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Friday, January 19, 2007
Full text of proclamation follows:
America was founded on the principle that we are all endowed by our Creator with the right to life and that every individual has dignity and worth. National Sanctity of Human Life Day helps foster a culture of life and reinforces our commitment to building a compassionate society that respects the value of every human being.
Among the most basic duties of Government is to defend the unalienable right to life, and my Administration is committed to protecting our society's most vulnerable members. We are vigorously promoting parental notification laws, adoption, abstinence education, crisis pregnancy programs, and the vital work of faith-based groups. Through the "Born-Alive Infants Protection Act of 2002," the "Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003," and the "Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004," we are helping to make our country a more hopeful place.
One of our society's challenges today is to harness the power of science to ease human suffering without sanctioning practices that violate the dignity of human life. With the right policies, we can continue to achieve scientific progress while living up to our ethical and moral responsibilities.
National Sanctity of Human Life Day serves as a reminder that we must value human life in all forms, not just those considered healthy, wanted, or convenient. Together, we can work toward a day when the dignity and humanity of every person is respected.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Sunday, January 21, 2007, as National Sanctity of Human Life Day. I call upon all Americans to recognize this day with appropriate ceremonies and to underscore our commitment to respecting and protecting the life and dignity of every human being.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this eighteenth day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand seven, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-first.
GEORGE W. BUSH
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Is it no wonder tress fell and knocked out so many people's power?
All is pretty much melted now but still very cold. They are calling for snow this weekend. I am praying it will blow over fast so the Silent No More Event will go well and have a good turn out.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
January is just flying by and there seems to be something going on every other day around here.. hence the lack of blogging on my part. This coming weekend has crept up on me and I am realizing that I need to start to focus and get prayed up. First Friday is the big 3 0 birthday. Hopefully I'll be going out with a friend or with Josh and then Saturday we are planning on having a small get together at the house. (I better get my house cleaning on!!) But Sunday is the Silent No More Awareness Event. Can you believe this will be my third year participating???? No I won't get to go to Washington D.C. this time but I will be down at the Saint Louis Gateway Arch seeing off those who are with Missouri Right To Life and giving my testimony with other women who have been effected by abortion. I am hoping this year I will be able to post video afterward so you can get a sense of what it is like and hear the other stories of the sorrow that women feel after abortion.
For many Pro-Lifers January, the designated LIFE month is the only chance they get to be active or march or hold a sign or even talk about thier views.. sadly. It should be a day to day fight, not a once a year event. I feel weary sometimes and discouraged by the lack of participation of some threw out the year, the lack of fire... literally millions are dying because the TRUTH is not being yelled from every court house, every government building, every medical facility that practices this American Holocaust, from our churches pulpits so quiet on this issue. But still I will have hope and faith. A hope that one day this time in our History will be looked down on and people will be ashamed by their silence. That it will be shunned in our History like slavery is. I have faith that God is in control and he will hear our prayers and wipe our tears and wipe clean the river of blood that flows from the abortion clinics and leaves a blight on our land.
I won't get into more of my ranting.. I have pages filled of it. If you care to catch up on my story about my own abortion and how I first became apart of Silent No More you can visit my web page with the links on it. But if you area women who has gone threw an abortion and are suffering from it I encourage you to read some of the links where you can seek help and healing. And of course feel free to e-mail me if you wish to talk about it or vent or ask questions or need prayer.
Here is a list of Events around the country. See if there is one close to you and attend!! AND POST ABOUT IT!
1. National Gathering in Washington, DC! Monday, January 22, 2007 at 4 pm in front of the Supreme Court. (following the March for Life) If you plan to participate– please send an email to Sheila@NOELforLife.org or call her at 800-707-6635, we need to know who is giving testimony prior to the Gathering.
2. Alabama, Birmingham - Pro-Life Rally and March will be held on Saturday, January 20th. We will start at 10:45 a.m. at Brother Bryan Park located at 22nd Street South at 10th Avenue in Birmingham. For more information call Serena Mitchell at 205-252-0706 or firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Arizona, Phoenix - "Abortion on Demand: At What Cost?" Monday, January 22, 2007, 11:30-1:00, Arizona State Capital, Senate Lawn. The Center for Arizona Policy's 2007 "Lunch and Learn Kickoff" will feature Silent No More women revealing the personal cost of abortion. Public is invited as is the entire Arizona State Legislature. Registration is required; contact Joan at (480)471-8706 or email@example.com
4. California, Montclair - January 27, 2007 from 9:00am to 10:00am at Family Planning Associates, 5050 San Bernardino Street, Montclair, CA 91763. We will only be holding signs - not giving our testimonies. For info contact Karen Reynosa at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Connecticut, Hartford - January 22, 2007 at 11:30 AM at the state capitol. For more information contact Rachel Torres O'Leary at email@example.com or 203-313-0101.
6. Florida, Altamonte Springs - January 27, 2007, 12-2 PM at Crane's Roost Amphitheater. For more information contact Laurie Wren at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-766-8915.
7. Florida, Ocala - On January 13, 2007 at the town square in Ocala Florida we will have our rally for life. I would like a gathering of Silent No More members to hold signs and there will be 5 testimonies given. For info contact Gail Zach @352-291-7601 (after 6:00 P.M.) or email@example.com
8. Florida, Tampa - January 20, 2007 at the University Mall (2200 University Square Mall). For more information contact Alexa McGrory at 813-546-0191 or TampaSilentNoMore@myway.com
9. Indiana, Ft. Wayne - January 27, 2007, 1:30 pm at the federal building (following the Right to Rally and March - the rally begins at noon at the Scottish Rite, and the March starts at 1:00). Contact Julie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 260-463-7142.
10. Kansas, Wichita - January 22, 2007. All Women's Press Conference (location TBA). Organizer: Carole LaFreniere, email@example.com
11. Michigan, Royal Oak - January 27, 2007, 12pm-1pm, 44th District Court. For more information contact Deb Ives @ 586-484-9897 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Mike Stack@ 248-548-1767 or email@example.com
12. Minnesota, St. Paul - January 20th , 2007, 12:00 to 2:00pm, 5th Annual State Capitol building inside the Rotunda, 75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Contact person: Ava Faust 612-789-6405 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and directions.
13. Missouri, St. Louis - January 21, 2007 at the Arch at 9am. Please arrive by 8:45 if you would like to hold a sign. This is a big event in St. Louis as the March For Life participants leave from the Arch grounds on buses heading for Washington D.C. For more information e-mail Amy Martin at email@example.com or call 636-489-1600.
14. North Carolina, Charlotte - January 12, 2007. We are going to participate in the Charlotte March for Life and then give our testimonies afterward. The March starts at the parking lot across from 1123 Church St., which is the Diocese of Charlotte Pastoral Center. Marchers should be there by 11:30. The march will start at 12:00 Noon and we will march to the courthouse at 401 W. Trade St. There we will give our testimonies, estimated time about 1:30pm. Contact either Andrea Hines at HinesAL@aol.com (704-541-9689) or Katherine Hearn at Moby5@carolina.rr.com (704-542-0065).
15. Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh - January 27, 2007 from noon-1 PM at Market Square. For more information contact Georgette Forney at 412-749-0455 or Georgette@AnglicansforLife.org.
16. Texas, Corpus Christi -- January 21, 2007 from 2:00 PM at the Federal Court House. For more information, contact Sr. Anne Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 361-814-7685.
17. Texas, Dallas - January 20, 2007 from 12-1 PM the Rally for Life at the Cathedral de Guadalupe, 2215 Ross (at Pearl). For more information contact Patti Parr at email@example.com or 972-874-5640.
18. Texas, Houston - January 19, 2007 from 12 PM to 1:30 PM at the Westin Galleria. For more information contact Karen Perez at 979-865-8131 or KPerez@texasbb.com.
19. Texas, San Antonio - January 21 at 2 PM at I-35 South at the Schwab Exit (the Knights of Columbus memorial Crosses for the unborn). For more information contact Anne Angelo at 830-237-0389 or firstname.lastname@example.org
20. Washington, Tacoma - Friday January 26, 2007 at 12:30pm at Pierce County Courthouse (County-City Building), 930 Tacoma Ave S, Tacoma Washington. More Info: Mary Emanuel, 206-853-6874 or email@example.com
21. Wisconsin, Madison - January 16, 2007 at 11:30 AM at the State Capitol. For more information contact Jane Frantz at 920-740-3573 or JFrantz@new.rr.com.
Oregon, Salem - At the Oregon Capitol on Monday, January 22, 2007. Distribute roses to the legislators and provide a witness to the truth of abortion, while wearing the black T-shirts that say Women Do Regret Abortion. Oregon Right to Life will supply shirts for anyone who wishes to participate and we’ll have lunch afterwards. Contact Esther Ripplinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 800-524-9271
California, San Francisco - The Walk for Life walk will begin at Justin Herman Plaza and end at the Marina Greens. The Rally starts at 11 am and the Walk follows. visit the website: www.walkforlifewc.com for exact details. Talitha Huff will give her testimony for Silent No More and Janet Morana and Father Frank Pavone will be at the Walk. Janet will have the "I Regret My Abortion/Lost Fatherhood" signs. If you'd like to carry one, please contact Sheila at Sheila@AnglicansforLife.org. She will give the list of names to Janet. When you get to the Walk for Life, please look for a big U-Haul truck, Janet will be there passing out signs. Please plan to be at the truck at 10:30 am.