Friday, May 4, 2007

pen,paper, book

"face your fears, and find your poet within"

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Can a pen have joy if it sits in the drawer it's whole life?

Can paper be truly happy blank?

Can a book find purpose if it has never been read?

A pen, paper and a book, all tools used by a creator and all have a purpose.  They are useless articles if they are never used for what they are intended.  They are possibilities, hopes and dreams waiting to go forth and be realized. Pen will sit in that drawer, paper in a notebook and book on that shelf longing for something more, waiting to be used, waiting to be fulfilled.

I am pen. I am paper.  I am book.  I am waiting.

 

Inspired by Tear Your Plank and Made To Love

 

TobyMac: Made To Love

The dream is fading now I’m staring at the door
I know it’s over ‘cause my feet have hit the cold floor
Check my reflection, I ain’t feeling what I see
Its no mystery

Whatever happened to a passion I could live for?
What became of the flame that made me feel more?
And when did I forget …

That I was made to love You
I was made to find You
I was made just for You
Made to adore You
I was made to love and be loved by You
You were here before me
You were waiting on me
And you said You’d keep me never would You leave me
I was made to love
And be loved by You

The dream’s alive with my eyes open wide
Back in the ring You got me swingin’ for the grand prize
I feel the haters spittin’ vapors on my dreams
But I still believe …

I’m reaching out, reachin’ up, reachin’ over
I feel a breeze cover me called Jehovah
And Daddy I’m on my way …

Anything, I would give up for You
Everything, I’d give it all away 

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing poem!  That was inspirational, and pretty much how I feel a lot of the time.  For me though, it's brush and canvas, although keybord to computer seems to be relevant too!!  God Bless Mary- hoppe all is well with youa ll!  Carolyn :)  

    ReplyDelete