Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fall brings changes.. not just the leaves...

Excuse me.. I am shocked, surprised, and I may cry just a little bit.  This just shows how far behind I am.. I read this tonight along with a few postings in friend's journals about this latest kiss off from AOL:

Dear AOL Journals user,

We’re sorry to inform you that on Oct. 31, 2008, AOL® Journals will be shut down permanently. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

It’s very important that you save your Journals content before the shutdown. We're working on a way to easily move your Journal to another blogging service -- you can expect an email within the next week with more details about how to do it. We want the transition to go as smoothly as possible for you, so you’ll have two choices. You can either save your information manually and find another place to blog on your own, or choose to automatically transfer your Journal to a different blogging service we’ve selected.

In the meantime, please bookmark the People Connection Blog, where you can find out more about AOL Journals. You can also subscribe to the People Connection Blog RSS feed to stay informed about any changes. We’ll be updating the People Connection Blog often, so please check it regularly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we make this transition.

Sincerely,

The AOL Journals Team

 

For the last 5 years I have put almost my whole life in the pages of this journal.. ya there was some bumps but all in all it is a good community and a constant in my life that I have taken so much comfort in over the years.  Why oh why is this being dropped????!  My last holding on with AOL beside my e-mail.. I have no other reason to do anything with AOL.  Yes I have not blogged like I used to in the last year.. working and life has held me up.. but dang!!  Surely God knew and he has helped decrease my desire to be as into AOL Journals or anything with the net lately so this change would not hurt so so bad?  Not sure what I am doing.. I do mirror blog on my MySpace page.. so if anything you can find me there,  ~Oh Mary~

Now an update that I am most excited about....JOSH IS HOME PERMANENTLY as far as we can tell right now!  He has been home since last Friday.  It is an ajustment but a good and very welcome one.  God has been vastly blessing me these last few weeks.. I am not sure I would even have the space to list all the wonders that have been going on.  But having Josh home is so awesome.. you don't even know.. but God did.  He knew I was almost at my breaking point with out my hubby and how badly I needed him (and a good deep back rub).  The timing is perfect.. I was about to tell him it was time to come hometo stay after the elections to hunker down and get ready.

The last year has been rough.. the last 3 he has been on the road back and forth home.. but the last year brought alot less home time.  

The down side.. he came home because he was laid off.  BUT I am not going to fret.. I am trusting that he will find work here in town and we will get threw.  TV is already cut.. and I really am not missing it much.  The only thing I truly miss is the news channel and keeping up with the campaigns and all the crisis going on with the country.  But the Internet and talk radio are a good substitute. 

Friends you know I have been open and honest about my Faith and World View and my longing for the time the Lord Jesus Christ will return.  I believe all that we see and hear and go threw is for a purpose and part of God's Plan.  I am pleading with anyone who reads this.. get ready.. get prepared.. mind, body, soul,  Give your whole life over to God and trust him NOW.  It's going to get hard and serious out there in the world in a very short time.. use the time you have now to be prepared... look up.. our redemption draws neigh!!!!

.AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer}

No comments:

Post a Comment