Saturday, February 14, 2009

WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT

Happy Valentine's Day! Today is supposed to be all about L O V E. For some it is just another day, a made up holiday. For others a day set apart to be with your sweetie and be all gushy and gooey.

So much as been written about Love, songs, books, poems. Money may make the world go round but Love is the axis it spins on. I was pondering on the word Love and what God has to say about it.
"What's Love Got To Do With It" Tina may sing but God says love is EVERYTHING, everything has to do with love.. its about relationships, with him, with you, with the world. Love is not just a feeling but an action

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. "
"For God so Loved the world"
"Greatest of these is love"
"Love eachother as I have loved you"
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

I've come to the conclusion I have to love everyone.. I may not have to like people all the time but I am compelled to love. God loved me so much he died for me, forgave me, and redeemed me. If he did so much for me, what little thing is it for me to share that love with others?

How do you love people in a wicked world? Trying to figure that out and work past some of my own hurts and pain. But I do know that to love some one you tell them the truth, you don't lie, and you are in many ways a servant who does what you can and try not to expect anything in return, rewards come later. Do I do that? I try, but I am not perfect (yet). Do people take advantage of me.. yup but there is a peace when you do what you know you were commanded to do. God can take what was meant for harm and work it for his glory. He knows my heart and that is all that matters.

So if I have done something nice, it's not because I am fake or trying to somehow gain something . It is just part of my new nature. Kindness, a smile, a hug, or just a listening ear sometimes makes all the difference in some one's day.. in their life!

GOD LOVES YOU!
I LOVE YOU TOO!!

2 comments:

  1. I love you too Mary! God Bless you and have a wonderful Valentine's Day. Sounds like you're getting the hang of the love thing;-) we all need to learn it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not love the wicked people in the world. I just accept that they are the way they are.

    ReplyDelete