Thursday, February 5, 2009

Planning a trip to TX

I love MYSPACE. Thanks to it I have gotten back intouch with so many old friends in the past year. It's awesome!! I have found with some people you can go 15yrs with out talking and pick right back up. and other people well.. maybe there is a reason they were out of your life in the first place (lol jk). Times and seasons.

I had moved around a lot growing up. I really don't have one particular place that I feel like is a home town. Around here in rural MO everyone you meet the first thing they ask is "where ya from" because you know it's obvious I am not from around here lol. Instead of taking 10 min to explain I went to 5 different high schools, lived in three different states, and been in this area for over 3 years, I say "I'm from all over". Just easier and quicker that way.

When I find some one from my past and actually get to talk and catch up, it's like roots. They knew me way back when and knew MY FAMILY. They can in some ways understand certain things about me and in another laugh at how I am so different now or in some ways the same. A connection to my past that for some reason God is bringing my way.

I am so excited to be planning a trip to TX to see one of these friends from way back. Hoping to be going at the end of the month for a long weekend. A mini vacation, a girls weekend and no kids or hubby. This will give me a chance to recharge and come back with different perspectives and appreciations. Sounds like I am going to need to dig out some summer clothes! And besides I have always wanted to see the Alamo.

2 comments:

  1. I just watched the two creators of My Space on Charlie Rose talk about why they created My Space, and some of what they mentioned covered helping people to get in touch. Everytime they think of something that might help more people connect they implement it. I think it is a wonderful idea for you to go on a trip. I am looking forward to my trip to LA to see my son's play. I think keeping our spirits up helps family as much as anything, so have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun!! Linda

    ReplyDelete