Monday, February 27, 2006

Don't Forget to tune in and hear me on the radio/net today!

  This is my reminder entry about me being on the radio TODAY at 3:15 p.m. (central time) on KJSL A.M. 630 in the Saint Louis area OR you can listen online here.  If this is news to you, here is my previous entry about how it all came about and they why's. 

I am really excited and a bit nervous too!  Please pray for me and of course listen in.

AND... here is the finial draft of what I gave my Pastor for the church news letter.  I got it in too late to make this month's edition but he said he will use it for the next one.

I Can Be Silent No More, and so can you.   

 Proverbs 24:11-12  If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?  

Psalms 139:13-14  For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.  

The abortion issue is a sensitive subject in our society today.  It is the one issue that has divided the American people in politics and religion over the last 32 years since the court case Roe vs Wade made abortion on demand at any stage of pregnancy legal and a so called privacy issue.  Some see it as murder and some see it as a fundamental women's right over her body.  It is easy to get frustrated over all the rhetoric put forth from both sides of the issue and want to just avoid the subject all together.  I have heard Christians, who are to be salt and light to this world say things such as, "I can't change minds and only God can change hearts over this" or  simply "it is not my issue to be concerned over" and "These are The End Times, it is expected to have horrible things come about and there is not much we can do about it"  And while it is true we can not change hearts, we can plant seeds.  And yes, I do believe we are living in The End Times but we are to still be that shining light all the more in these dark days.  It hurts my heart greatly to see such apathy because for me, abortion is not just an issue or a political topic up for debate.  When I hear the statistics that every 23 seconds an abortion is performed in our country and that yearly 1.4 million unborn children loose their life in America due to abortion, I put a face and a heart beat to each number and it makes me weep that this is an acceptable norm in America, how much more does it hurt our Lord's heart?.  

 I know the pain of abortion, the consequences and after effects.  I take this issue very personally because I myself had an abortion when I was 15 yrs old.  Sadly I am apart of the statistic that says 45% of women under 47 yrs old who has bought into the lie that abortion helps women.  I am that one in three women sitting in our pews who has been hurt by abortion.  I am the face of the women going into the clinic scared and confused and walking out with such a deep pain it takes between 5-11 years to face exactly what I have done to my child and my body.  I am the subject that is avoided in polite conversation.  

God has taken what was hidden and brought it to light.  Often women who have had an abortion do not and will not speak about it.  It is that little secret that eats at their soul until they can confess it and ask the Lord to bring healing. Because of the Love of Jesus Christ and the healing he has brought to my life he has enabled me to talk openly about my own pain I went threw because of abortion.  Because of Jesus Christ that shame and guilt is wiped clean and I can be a voice for those being lead to the slaughter and a warning to women and I hope a beacon to other women hurting because of their own abortion.. a light for them to see there is hope and healing after abortion, there is Hope in the Lord.   

When we are obedient in our walk with the Lord he will take you to some very interesting places.  I am normally a shy and quiet person and you would think the thought of giving a public speech about my own abortion would be a terrifying one, but in all honesty because Jesus is my strength and I ask the Holy Spirit to give me his words to speak, all fear is wiped away.  This last January he opened doors for me to speak at a few prayer gatherings for aborted children in the Saint Louis area and in my new home town Troy and also tag along to Jefferson City with the group called Silent No More, to give information out at our state capital building during Missouri Right To Life's annual prayer vigil.  February I have the opportunity to attend training threw the Pregnancy Resource Center for ministry work with crisis pregnancies and post abortion counseling and be interviewed on Christian radio to help raise awareness and reach out to other hurting women and men.     

You may think you do not know any one who is effected by abortion but if you have a sister, a mother, an aunt, a girl friend, co-worker, neighbor, chances are you do know some one who has faced this or is facing a choice but they are just not talking about it.  I don't expect everyone to feel lead to stand out side a clinic or even be as vocal as I am on abortion but to at least be informed and keep an eye and ear open to when and where God can use you to plant seeds of hope and love. To do or say nothing and avoid this subject all together is against Proverbs 24: 11-12. With God all things are possible and I do believe threw him, we can and will see an end to what has been called The American Holocaust.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment