Monday, May 17, 2004

No I havnt been to the dentist yet but my pain has perty much disapeard. Nooo not cuz I have been taking pain pills.  I have been staying away from them for fear I may get hooked and the fact is since Sat afternoon I have not needed them. I am sure the tooth still needs to be pulled but the only time it gives me trouble is if I eat something cold.  Thank you for the prayers because I am sure that has played a part in my pain easing.  Don't worry I will get to the dentist as soon as I can find the guts and funds to pay him.

My mother in law came for a visit this weekend and it was nice to have her.  I got to spend alot of time with her, more than Josh did so he was a bit jelous I think.  But he wouldnt want to do all the shopping we did lol so he isnt complaining.  His mom is a shopper indeed! Sat we went around to like 4 stores for various things.  I think she just had some money come in and plus her living out in the sticks there isnt much for shopping.  She had to get a new study Bible and then she wanted to get some fabric to sew some summer dresses and we went to the mall to look for a FannyMay Candy store but they all have gone out of buisness.  Then we hit WallMart and got a butt load of stuff, all stuff we needed granted plus she had to get some things for the kids to spoil them.  I also got a new pair of sandles and a few outfits for me.  I like to shop but not that much shopping in one day.  It wore me out! lol  I am not used to being able to shopp for things that are not basic needs and felt a bit wasteful and embarassed that she paid for everything.  For some reason it is hard for me to take gifts when there is no accasion to celbrate with out thinking there is a hidden motives.  I know his mom is not like that and its just me and my pride again lol.  His mom planted a flower box of plants with the kids and they loved it.  The girls will not let me forget about watering them each day that is for sure.  Maybe they will be good gardners.  Josh's mom told me she really enjoyed her visit and loved watching Josh and Me with the kids, it makes her real proud how well we are with them and how good behaved the kids are and right on track on things. Ofcourse she is a very proud grandma and has to say these things but I am also very aware that my kids are unique and are not as spoiled as her other two grand kids (they are only children, that should say it all lol)  She promises to come and visit more often and is sorry she has not come sooner for a vist.  Since Granny died she says she gets in funks on the weekends and after a hard work week she just dosnt feel like doing much, but she is going to make an effort to stay out of those funks.

I have been amazed that I have stayed off line for almost a full 3 days! See there is life away from the internet Mary! lol

4 comments:

  1. awe sorry you had a toothache...but I'm glad the pain subsided. And I know first hand about fear of dentists and the fear of the funds we need to pay them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! My computer beckons me every day! Hope your tooth is better. God bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry your tooth hurts...smart to stay away from pain pills.......  i've been offline for awhile too...i have discovered there is a life away from the internet..lol.....but i miss all my j-land friends....hope your tooth ache gets better....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, I hate Dentists but, they are a necessary evil. I have found that sometimes tooth pain can be eased by warmth applied to the face area near the tooth. I hope you are better soon. Libby sends her best to you. My Regards, Bill.

    ReplyDelete