Friday, May 28, 2004

He weeps openly

Frodo- he embodies all us in our strugles with Good vs Evil.

 

Last night we finished watching the last movie in the Trilogy of LOTR, Return of the King.  Josh and I had watched it the other day while the kids was at school so we was excited for our son who loves these movies and has been counting down the days till this last movie came on DVD.  Zane has become a LOTR freak you could say.  All he wanted for Christmas was the books, how can a mom say no to that!  We have gone threw the CS Lewis books Chronicals of Narnia and he ate those up, and knowing that JRR Tolkin was the one who lead Lewis to Christ I knew LOTR would have the undertones in it that we saw all out threw Narnia. Plus this is a right out Good VS Evil story, unlike Harry Potter whom is banded in our hosue hold.  Instead of picking apart the story and pointing out the spitural undertones to it I will let you all enjoy it and think on it yourselves.  I just had to share what a wonderful son I have and how deep he can be.

Like I said he has turned in to a freak for these stories, and that is good, these books are not 3grade level, yet he has almost no problem reading them.  There are some of those made up words that Tolkin puts in there that we both have trouble pronouncing but other than that he reads it pertty flewantly. Zane even went as far as (on his own, with noooooo prompting from me) to read the Biogrophy of Tolkin to try and understand why he would write such a story as this. The first two movies he saw before reading the book and after reading he would compair to what he saw on screen and how true the movies was to the book.  And where the movie failed to give back ground info Zane would insert the info for us.  He has not reached The Return Of The King yet but he was bitting his nails waiting to see it when it came out.

You could see in his eyes the sheer joy and suspence as he sat and watched the movie unfold.  He could hardly sit in his seat for the battle sceens and when Frodo and Sam did reach Mt Doom you could see on Zane's face the inter strugle knowing the end in one way or another was coming.  What inpressed me the most about my son was his reaction to the ending sceens when Frodo was leaving on the Boat, never toreturn with Gaindolf.  Frodo said his good byes to his stunned friends.  They are all crying and my husband glances over to see my son with red eyes and tears running down his face also.  It was an emotional sceen, even for an adult, I was not about to tease him for weeping.  I think he was weeping as much for the end than for the breaking of a friendship that had developed over three movies.  Who doesnt want a friendship like Sam and Frodo had.  Some one who will see you threw all your stugles, even when you tell them you dont want or need thier help.  My son has not had a best friend like that yet and I think he was also partly weeping for he longs to have a buddy who will follow him and be side by side with him in this battle we call life.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! He sounds like a good kid! I have the trilogy book, just trying to get up the nerve to start a book that big! I know I will enjoy it though, Have a great weekend, God bles, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there and thank you for visiting my site!
    If you go to the bottom of My Movies, and click on April reviews, you'll find SAVED. I thought it a good enough movie... it lands on its feet very well. Yes, institutionalized religion can seem a target, but I think we can stand the scrutiny... and that's what this is. By the time the ending comes, it asks sincerely, "What would Jesus do?" And I bet you'll be pleased with the answer...
    Blessings!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved the lotr movies and i actually just recently had seen part one and two so naturally i ran out to the movie theater when part three came.  i guess i thought i wouldn't enjoy something like that and then when i watched it i was entranced.  i have a sincere question though but i think i will email it to you, so i don't come off like a smart eleck in my comment. lol  

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never watched any of those movies. But I think its so sweet when a family all sits down to watch movies together. We do it once in a while too. Of course you can't say no to getting your boy books for christmas. When they ask for books its like....A MIRACLE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful entry....now I must go buy the movies and watch them.  I've only seen the first one as we have no children.

    What a wonderful son you have....if you ever get angry with him just remember him weeping during LOTR.  Melts you huh?

    ReplyDelete