Wednesday, June 2, 2004

Question of the Day... Mistakes

If you had to choose the single biggest mistake you have made in life so far, what would it be?

Main Entry: [1]mis·take
Pronunciation:
m&-'stAk
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): mis·took
/-'stuk/; mis·tak·en /-'stA-k&n/; mis·tak·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Old Norse mistaka to take by mistake, from mis- + taka to take —more at
TAKE
Date: 14th century
transitive senses
1 : to blunder in the choice of <mistook her way in the dark>
2 a : to misunderstand the meaning or intention of :
MISINTERPRET <don't mistake me, I mean exactly what I said> b : to make a wrong judgment of the character or ability of
3 : to identify wrongly : confuse with another <I mistook him for his brother>
intransitive senses
: to be wrong <you mistook when you thought I laughed at you —Thomas Hardy>

Main Entry: [2]mistake
Function
: noun
Date:
1638
1 : a misunderstanding of the meaning or implication of something
2 : a wrong action or statement proceeding from faulty judgment, inadequate knowledge, or inattention
synonym see
ERROR

Most of our mistkes is because by very definition, we did not have all the facts or information before we made that choice to do what ever it was that we now regret. And yet some of our biggest regrets are from things we knew was wrong and did fully knowing it was.  Either way we all have them, mistakes.  I have so many I could choose from to answer this quesion of the day.  I think I have written about the biggest ones here before and I bare my soul pertty openly here, so for most of my friends who read this, what I write will not be news to them.  Some of the things I regret the most and wish I could take back but can't is: not taking better care of my credit and getting into debut (there should be a law about giving 19yrds loans and credit cards), Smoking (stupid to of ever started), Not taking better care of my Teeth (dealing with the conquences of that right now) The affair I had years ago(a selfish in the monent thing that was not to have any meaning to it) The child that was never born when I was 15(I think this is one of the biggest mistakes I ever made). And those are just the ones before I met Chirst.  Mistakes I make daily, because I am not perfect (yet) but God is working on me, a work in progress.  And I can go to him any time and ask for him to forgive me and to help me to be a better person, for some things we can not change in our own strenth but only in his.  I don't have to whollow in my mistakes, but let God take that shame away that comes from making them, let him be the lifter of my head. I find of late that the most mistakes I make is because I am not walking in the spirit, when I am dwelling on myself and feeding my flesh side and not trusting God.

                                   

3 comments:

  1. Hunybea!!!

    He washes away the sins from the sinner.

    He holds me gently in His palm and sent His Son to die for me.

    God is indeed awesome.


    hugs in Christ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't bother with that hunybea... every thing I did in my life ended up driving me to Christ and to the foot of His cross where I laid those burdens down!
    ALL FALL SHORT...
    SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD...
    BE LENGTHENED IN CHRIST!  wts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary...the biggest mistake one can ever make, is not recognizing their mistakes. If life has taught me anything, it is that perfection is for the perfect. God made us in His likeness. Not like HIm.  He suffers us as fools, and calls us His children.

    child \child\n pl   children\ 1: an unborn, or recently born person 2:a young person between the periods of infancy and youth.  4: one strongly influenced by  another or by a place or state fo affairs.

    By nature, any recently born person is bound to make mistakes in their quest to find that which intrigues, and motivates them to both intillectual, and spiritual growth. One thing that is as sure as mistakes in youth, is growth in mistakes.  It is a process.  One I feel you have a good handle on. so long as you realize that this is all part of Gods plan. Try, fail, screw up, and learn by trial and effort.  The real crime is in never trying at all.  For they are the ones who never know growth.  Not in life, and not in Him.  May God bless you and your precious family.    RUss

    ReplyDelete