Thursday, September 7, 2006

Foreeeeeeeeeeeee!

Josh took me golfing Tuesday. We hit a few buckets at the driving range and then a round of 9 holes.  I had fun after I got the hang of it and learned some of the basics of the sport.  If anything it was a beautiful day and longgggggg over due alone time with hubby.  I don't think I'll be getting my own clubs anytime soon but I can see myself going again.. maybe even to the driving range to get out some aggression and stress lol.  I can see how it could get addictive.

Sun Valley is a nice course to play at as far as I can tell.  But they did not have lady golf clubs to rent and the selection that was available was nothing spectacular.  I am sure I could of done better with clubs the proper length.  I am sore.. have places I didn't know about still aching but the exercise did me good.

When Josh took up golf last year I laughed hastericaly at him. I thought only rich old farts played golf.. or wanta be yuppies.  I saw it as an excuse for the boys to go and drink and have guy time on their day off. But now that I have played my perception has changed some.  Just wish Josh was home more so we could go together some more.. no one I know will step foot on a course with me lol.

I hope every one had a blessed Holiday weekend.  Saturday I went to the Greek Festival with a friend and the children.  Good food and music!!  Josh finally got home about 11 a.m. Sunday and we basically just hung around the house till Tuesday.  We went golfing while the kids were in school and then had a lunch together at a local Mexican restaurant.  Also did another first, rented movies from The Red Box at McDonald's.  We got RV and The Bench Warmers.  Both were hilarious and I recommend them if you are in for a good laugh.  We are even batting around the idea of renting an RV for our next family trip lol.  Josh left back for the road Wed afternoon.  This home coming seemed like it was way too short.. I feel cheated in some way or another.. didn't help I started my period and couldn't get good bye.. um.. well too much info.. you know what I mean LMBO. 

5 comments:

  1. I wish my hubby would take me golfing more.  He gets nervous taking me since I accidently hit him in the neck with the club while he was showing me a swing. LOL.  He was alright.  Just slightly bruised. LOL
    Missie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing those pictures. Hubby and I are not into golfing but glad you had fun.

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've played golf once...lol....and I'm not coordianted enough for it! But I do love to watch it! :o)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just so proud and glad you and Josh got to go and do something together, just yourselves.  Maybe nukie next time.  ;o)  -  Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Golfing and Mary Hamm! What the heck - the world must really be comming to an end. Just Kidding. Actually, I'm very proud of you for trying something new especially with your hubby. Good Luck w/ your new hobby. Plus all that good exercize. You get even more if you don't use a cart. Love ya guys. Audra

    ReplyDelete