Friday, June 17, 2005

POP.. MY BUBBLE THAT IS.

Who were we kidding with even thinking we could get such a palace as that house?? LOL  Note to self.. don't let sales ppl.. no matter how wonderfuly attentive, get your hopes up like that.

Come to find out the grant program we are in doesnt even go out that far, and we would have to find a program for that area.  Looking threw the web and info on that program, they do have a limit on the price of the house you can buy with thier program... but they do give you more of a downpayment grant.. 6% vs the 3% the one we are in now.

We may very well still build out there, just a lesser of a house.  Josh is twisting and turning it all around in his mind.. checking the facts and crunching the numbers, walking other floor plans and models.  Personaly I am sick of thinking about it all and am just going to focus on other things for awhile.  Let him figure it out lol.

Any one see that new show on FX called 30 Days?? The same guy that did Supper Size Me is behind it.  Watching it this week about the working poor (this week's show was about those who lived on min wage) makes me feel guilty about even looking at a house and spending that much money and also makes me feel incredibly blessed.  That used to be me and Josh.  Maybe not that extream but I know how hard it is, we still live pay check to pay check most of the time.  Basicly that is how my sister lives but she does have a better job that pays above min. wage and gets alot of goverment assistance. Education, Education.. that was my whole thought threw that t.v. show.

Josh woke me up this morning yelling that my sister is NEVER allowed to visit again with sick kids.  One of her babies had the sniffels and now two of our children are running fevers and are sick.  The last few days Sophia has been spiking temps and just not feeling well and now Zane and I have caught what ever that is.

 

I am just about all ready for tomorrow and the project I am doing with my pro-life Catholic friend.  Don't want to give too many details away, but just know I will have many picturtes to share (I am planning on it anyway)  This has been a wonderful time getting to know Kim and fellowshiping with her.  Definatly God has put her in my life for a reason. 

3 comments:

  1. It is that show that inspired my 30-day challenge...I SO wanted to see that episode...the minimum wage one...but, I got my cable shut-off, for non-payment!  I am trying to live the "minimum wage lifestyle"...and it doesn't work!  Don't feel guilty about buying a house; you have earned it.  You work hard for it.  I hope it all works out for you!  JAE

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah We use to live off very little too. like at one point less than 20,K and before todd I lived off believe it or not less than 8K a year. Sorry you got your hopes up about the house Man sounds like they sure did build you up.  I still think FmHa is the way to go. no downpayment nad the house goes according to your income and after 30 years the house is yours. the thing is most pay it off iwth a regular loan after five years. but it does allow you to get a good start for a few years. also your paymenet gets lowerd according to the kids you have so with four kids and you and Josh your house payment would be probably around 4 - not more than 5 hundred a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WELL MARY I HAVE ONLY WHAT THE LORD HAS LAID ON MY HEART.
    WHEN I THOUGHT AWHILE BACK THAT I WAS ONLY GOING TO GET A PORTION, I WAS GRANTED MORE THAN I COULD EVER OF IMAGINED..
    HIS WORDS ARE TRUE AND FAITHFUL..HE IS FAITHFUL!!!!

    EPH 3:20 GOD IS ABLE TO DO EXCEEDINGLY AND ABUNDANTLY ABOVE ALL THAT WE CAN ASK OR THINK, ACCORDING TO HIS POWER.

    CAN'T WAIT TO HERE ALL ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE AT THE RALLY.
    IN HIS LOVE, CHARLENE

    ReplyDelete