Monday, June 6, 2005

This weeks New Journal Song

DC TALK: Day By Day

I live a simple life, I take a day at a time
I spend my mornings with God before I hit the grind
The subtleties of darkness never cease to amaze
As a physical world creates a spiritual haze

Blinded by distractions
Lost in matterless affairs
Reaching through the darkness
Trusting You will meet me there

CHORUS:
Day by day, day by day
Day by day, day by day
Oh dear Lord, three things I pray [one, two, three]
To see thee more clearly [day by day]
To love thee more dearly [day by day]
To follow thee more nearly [I got to take it]
Day by day

You cruise around the corner
You watch your back

You sweep your feet down alley streets
Sometimes you creep, I never see you coming
Monday, man you're on my back
Like a knapsack strapped with my heavy burden

No, You cannot condemn me
I won't buy your bag of goods
You've got nothing for me anyway
That's why I pray

These three things
I do pray
Day by day

Day by day, by day, by day
[These three things]
Day by day, by day, by day
[I do pray]
Day by day, by day, by day, by day (2x) [it's one step out of time]

As you walk
Day by day
Go to God and pray,
"I'm gonna go Your way"

[I'm gonna pray]
See thee more clearly [every day]
Love thee more dearly [oooh, oh yeah]
Follow thee more nearly [I'm gonna go your way]
Does any body hear me?

Day by day, by day, by day by
Day by day, by day, by day by
Day by day, by day, by day, by day

[I know I'm always safe with you]
[One day at a time]

2 comments:

  1. This has always been a good song!  The chorus pretty much sums up the "walk" we are on.  -  Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. mary:

    you always find ways to keep us in touch with the lord.
    thank you for introducing us to new music for the lord.
    gweyant

    ReplyDelete