Monday, July 5, 2004

Getting Ready to Go and weekend re-cap

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday Weekend!

Mine has been really nice!  Mom got into town like I expected, aournd 6 a.m. Sat.  They checked into the motel room and took a nap and then came over arounrd 2.  I gave her a REALY BIG (((((((((((HUG)))))))))) when I saw her. It felt sooooo Good.  Even grown kids need hugs from thier mommies.   Ofcourse mom came bearing gifts.  John was decluttering thier apartment and brought down 3 rubermate tubs of stuff, with contents from candles to my dad's old stamp collection. Also John slipped in two brand new Third Millinem Bibles. They look nice but I was inspecting them cuz I was not familar with that translation and I found it odd they had a section called A/D and books I didn't reconize, then it dawned on me, OHH They are Catholic Bibles when I saw the Macabees. (John is Russian Orthidox, wonder if that was a hint?) Mom did give me her China and I told her I would just hold it for my sister Marcy, when she gets her a bigger place to live and room to store it.  We already have Josh's mom's China, so I thought that would be fair.  BUT I am keeping the Silver tea set that was Great-GrandmaBea's and other silver mom had.  I told LillyBea she could have GrandmaBea's silver when she gets married. (not that she understood, she is only 4 lol and right away Annie chimed in "What do I get"?) The silver is really dirty but I am afraid to clean it myself after watching The Road Show on PBS. So its on the list of things to get done when we have money. I will take it to a PRO.  So after looking threw all the goodies Mom decided to take me shopping for dinner but ofcourse we made a stop at K-Mart first. We only stopped there to get a game called Skip-Bo, a family favorate game of ours, started by my Grandma.   Anyone play??? lol

But once there mom had to get presents for the grandkids and spoil them.  I had to put my foot down on her getting a 3 ft over stuffed Panda Bear for Sophia but in hindsight I guess it wouldnt of hurt anything, but the thing was huge!  Then we went to the grocry store and got stakes for grilling.  You have to understand there is no such thing as a simple shopping trip with my mom. What should only take an hour takes 3 with her. She mulles over each item and looks threw almost every isle and to top it off her husband was with us and he is just as bad lol.  I can't image how they do thier weekly shopping together and it not taking 5hours. lol (teasing here) So Sat evening we had a night of good food and games.  Sunday we all went to church and it was an awesome service.  I should of took mom up for prayer when it was offered but I was shy I guess and didn't know if she would feel comfortable with that.  She did say they enjoyed the music very much. When we got home we planned out our route up to Milwaukee. They want to take the Great River Road up threw ILL to Wis. It is suposed to be really perty and I will take bunches of pics. Then at 6 we went over to our friends house for the BBQ.  Our friends just got a pool so Ofcourse I had to wear my sutit and spend most that time with the kids in the pool.  We did get floaties and rings for the girls and they are swiming like they are almost pros themself. On that list is swimming lessions for all our kids.  Then we went to go see the BIG Fire Works at the baseball satium here in O'Fallon.  Some knows some one who works there and said they could get us in to watch it from the blechers. But after parking and walking we got there just as the end was happening. I did get some nice pics and I will post them when I get back.  I was worn out after we got home and didn't even pack like I had planned. And OFCOURSE I had to sneek on here to post an entry before I left.  So I am off to do that.  Mom wants to leave my house by 8 a.m. (its almost 7 now) but I am thinking we wont get out of here till 10 (LMBO). I did turn off all my alerts so my mail box isnt flooded when I get back, but I did leave on my comment alerts so I can hear your coments read to me by ABP.  I will be posting audio entries from the Road " )

2 comments:

  1. Have a good visit and a safe trip. My girls play skip bo alot they love it. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Skipbo!!!!   love it a lot!   Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete