Monday, July 12, 2004

I'm Back HOME!

I am finally HOME! In some ways that week went by like a flash of lighting and in other ways it was like living in slow motion. Funny how many things you can cram into one week. And you KNOW I have a ton of pics that I have to share with you all and many stories too.

I guess my last update was Thursday? When I was with my friend.  I spent the night and most of Friday with her and her family. She is one of my oldest friends.  She married Jared, Josh's best friend from Highschool.  I always laughed cuz it seemed Jared would always date my friends.  I had a good time.

Friday I went back up to the Hospital to find my mom in trouble! (figures I spend one day away and all breaks loose) Here Heart Rate was wayyyyyy up, and so was her blood presure. They was trying to get her the meds she needed but all her vains kept collapsing. They tried for over an hour to get one, seems like they used her like a pin cusion! She was on bed rest and couldnt get up for nothing, not even to go to the bathroom. It was so hard to see her sooo weak, and the nurses being so frantic.  I had to take a long walk by myself and was hoping that when I got back they would find a line to get her meds in.  Finaly they just took her down to Radiology to put in a main line so they could get her the meds threw the IV. Then I went home with Marcy.  We didnt get home till late so it was perty much right off to bed. My aunt was to pick me up early so we could spend some time and do some things together.  Marcy had to be at work at 8:45 but didnt wake up till 8:10.  So she was rushing around to get herself and the kids ready to leave.  She asked Gregg (her live in bf and father of the older two girls) to help get the twins dressed. This started a shouting match between the two of them. I dont know if they fight like that all the time infront of the kids but it was not good, I went into the hall and smoked a cig  so I wouldnt be in the middle of it.  Marcy called her daycare and they said they would pick the kids up for her by 9 a.m. So she left them at home with me, Greg had left with out a word. 10 rolls around and no sign of the daycare pick up and my Aunt came ready to pick me up.  So we had to take all 4 kids over to Marcy's work. Her oldest one was throwing the biggest FIT I have ever seen any child make! She wouldnt put on her shoes, I had to pull her out of the apartment and she wouldnt sit in the car. I had tohold her on my lap and restrain her. She screemed the whole way there. I had to hold her so tight cuz she was trying to open the car door! I have bruses on my legs from where she was kicking me.  I think watching her parents fight had something to do with it. So all that wore me out and took up time too. I didnt get to get back to the hospital to say good bye to my mom. My aunt and I did go to my dad's grave site and after that to my other aunt and uncle's house for a quick good bye.  Then it was time for me to get on the train.

The train ride was nice and I got some good pics.  Seems lately I am into the clouds, taking pics of them.  They are so beautiful. I imagin The Lord as he decended into them and how it will be when he comes back in them.  On the train I did get to read all of Revalations and Danial. Been awhile since I could sit and read them threw. My stop over in Chicago wasnt so bad. And NO I did not TALK to anyone lol. That is all anyone told me before I left, dont talk to anyone at the train station.

When I got off the train in Matoon Josh's Mom and Lilly and Sophia was there to meet me. It was so good to see them.  I didnt relize how much I missed them till I saw them. I hugged them and kissed them and didnt want to let them go.

Last night I talked with Marcy to try and get an update on MOM.  She said she had another bad day (Sunday) so she will still be in the hospital for a few days. She said it seemed like when ever they took her off the oxogen her heart rate would shoot way up.  It seemed like everything was going sooo well for mom, and she looked good and now there all these snages in her recovery.  I had peace that she would be OK but that feeling of dread is starting to come back. It is ok either way, I had those important conversations with her and I know what her wishes are and I KNOW that if she was to die, she would be with the LORD.

More Later, with PICS.

2 comments:

  1. Glad your back and its seems as if your mom will be on the mend soon. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Hope your mom is doing better now. Prayers a re headed her way. I am at home recuperating from my knee surgery/ They removed a cyst the size of a peach! Yuck! He also repaired the torn cartilidge. Now, its just a wating game. I am pretty sore and have to hobble around on crutches. But, I thank God that it turned out well and as usual, He stuck by my side during it.
    Take care and God bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete