Tuesday, April 20, 2004

CAR WOES AND A PRAISE REPORT

I should of seen it as prophetic when some one asked If I had a car to sell for 5 bucks and I told them ya I have 2 junkers and one on the way.  Our wagon has been over heating the last few weeks, not every day and I left that to Josh to figure out what was up.  Then it happen, yesterday something big was smoking or steaming, i dont know the diff.  First Josh hoped maybe it was just the water pump but nope there is a crack in something expensive, cant think of the term.  Josh had to miss work today so he could figure out the problem and maybe fix it.  But alas it was too big of a job for him and off to the shop the car will have to go.  It was our only legael running car.  Sure we have the van, but the plates are expired on it so we havnt been driving it for the last month, and we have the crown vic. but it too has no plates cuz it wouldnt pass saftey inspection or something like that.  Josh HAS TO have a car to work.  His job sends him all over the surounding St Louis area and we live out far.  Its not like the bus runs by us and he could hop on it to work.  But I am not worried really.  It is not as if God didn't see this coming and is shocked.  He has a plan, even if I cant see what it is.  This is one of those test about walking in his Peace. LOL it figures, just as Josh's work was picking up and we was catching up some, this happens. OH well.

But I do have a Praise Report!!!!!  I am so happy, I am crying about it.  You may recall my friend Riley?  He has been having some serouis medical issues going on.  He has had this cronic pain in his one leg area for almost a year, he has been loosing alot of weight and then recently he was having black outs.  I thought it was oh he is just not taking care of himself like he should.  But I kept praying for him, for his healing, as have others.  He has had a whole shabang of tests done on him since he has been home.  He was feeling very discouraged.  He had a very bad day yesterday coming home from the docs.  He couldnt find a ride home from the docs so he took the bus. Not recomended for a blind person to do if they are not familar with the bus sytem. He got off at the correct stop but wondered around his apartment complex for 2 HOURS! No one would help him find his way.  He called me after he did finaly get home and he was so low, so pittiful. He said there was a battle going onin his mind, one saying just give it all up and the other saying come one God will get us by a bit further.  So I had been thinking of him all day today, not five minets after I sugested to Josh to call and check him He called us.  There was Joy in his voice again! He was so happy and he couldnt wait to tell me why.  His catscan and MRI had come back and his blood work.  Org. the doc thought he may have a hidden tumor and that would account for his loss of time/black outs and his not feeling like eating. Well it wasn't that, not as bad.  Aperantly he had some presure or swelling on some blood vessels in his brain but with some meds they could relieve that easily and his blood work all came back 100% improved from the last time he had work done. With his recent weight loss the doc said that helped majorly.  Riley is telling me all this and I am just overjoyed cuz it was the aswer to all my prayers.  I prayed over him just this last Sunday asking the Lord to touch him, that God knew what his problem was and knew better than any doctors, to guide them and give them wisdom but to heal him also. I was crying tears of hope and relief.  I am so happy!  Riley is preparing to go back to CO for the last few months of school at the School of the Blind.  He is so close to finishing and all these health issues have been a hinder.  I know he is happy to beable to go back, cuz before the doctors had told him he couldnt possible, but now he is free and clear! \o/ PRAISE THE LORD!

5 comments:

  1. i am glad that things have worked out with riley. i know he gave you quiet a scare. lol the thign thats cracked, its the head mary, the same thing wrong with my van. lol looks like we get more and more in common every day. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry i didnt mean to "omen" you i know how it feels to how on earth you guys are gonna work this out
    but  your approach is gonna work because if you ask God He WILL provide!!!!!

    and as far as riley goes AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can get your car fixed.  I know how important it is to have wheels.  Thats great your friend is feeling better.  ~lila~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just hate dealing with car problems.  I've got three brothers in the car business and STILL can't get help when I break down!  Wonderful news about your friend's improved health.  ¤Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is awesome...that is wonderful about Riley.  The same wonderful God will show you how to handle your car sitation.  I know that is aggravating ;/
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete