Wednesday, April 7, 2004

Welcome To J~Land

I have been Journaling or Blogging as it can be called, since Aug. 2003. Little did I know when I put words to the page that day I was joining a community called J~Land.  My org. intent was ”oh a new thing to play with on aol, I need a journal, I don’t have one, sureeee let the world read what I have to say, no one will care anyhow.”  I have tried to keep my journal as honest as possible where I vent my frustrations, share my joyes, show my concerns, just write about silly frivolous things, put down my dreams, share my faith, rant about issues that are important to me.  I didn’t think anyone would care what I have to say and the comment section was just like bonus.  Then I started reading other’s journals and interacting with them threw the comment section.  And in time I found myself caring about these ppl I readabout in this place called J~Land.  They made me laugh out loud, they made my cry puddles of tears, they made me soooo mad at times, but also showed me different view points that I mayhave never experienced before, my heart has been touched by the many bloggers here on aol.  J~Land  to the outside world may seem unreal, a silly cyberspace that can be over looked, but to us residence here in J~Land we have bonded threw the written and sometimes spoken word.  We speak into each others lives and knowing or unknowing, touch each other in some way.  Each voice is just as important as the other, and they come together like a wonderful song.  We have many charters here, like the crown prince or is that queen, Gregg the Golden Child, who has such an ego, but if you look past it you can see it is just a big act and he is a very sensitive caring guy, and then there is Miss Vivian who is the resistant expert and a leader in testing out the new stuff aol has to offer us, and we have many artists like Nadine and Silversagess123 and ckays and we have the not so ordinary regular ppl like Bill and Kara (she went private so I cant post a link for her) and oh cant forget Donnetta too.  And then there is some one who is special to my heart cuz he is one of my very first commenter, John. And don’t think because you live in a far away land that you are not apart of J~Land! So if you are just a visitor I say welcome to our little corner of cyberspace, if you are thinking of moving in and setting up house, let me be the first to welcome you and ask you to leave your link or your address as it were.  Much Love, Mary

9 comments:

  1. Im happy for you that you got picked! Great job on the journal! Keep it up and have a great day! *!ShAy!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{{{{{{MARY!!!}}}}}}}

    Tons of congratulations first off. And now I have a question: what do you think you're doing to my reputation here? LOL! How am I supposed to bluster around J-Land with such sweet words? :-) Thank you dear! And you've expressed what a great many of us feel perfectly! AOL J-Land has become SO much more than I think any of us ever thought it could be and that's a wonderful thing! I'm still amazed at how much of a bond I feel with the community as a whole. I'm constantly surprised (though I shouldn't be any longer I guess) at all the love that flows through this place. Makes it even more real than if we all sat around in a cafe and shot the breeze with one another at times. Lovely entry! :-)

    Gregg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing you;er inner feeling,s, you have a way with word,s you got me and kept me interested in what you had to say. I really like how you put the whole journal experince into a short story of friendship and safe ground , you are creative&talented, keep on wrighting.
                                                                      P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary this is a beautiful entry. I never thought I would meet all the friends I have met and now I don't know how I got by without them. So happy we're friends. And I had greg figured out too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. So aweet! I am thrilled to have met many great people also. By the way: I love your journal. It is very uplifting. God bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwh, what a wonderful thing to say.  In J-land, we tend to get tunnel vision on what's happening with our own journals, even though we read lots of others.  This is a heartfelt homage to others you admire and much appreciated by all journalers, I'm sure.  ¤Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you. Keep up the good work. Stop by when u have a chance. http://beta.journals.aol.com/candlightstar/Candles/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Mary, I have always enjoyed reading your journal although i must confess i dont always leave a comment but i do read your journal often. You are a very caring person and i love reading the things you write. As most of you know i have a son with down syndrome and other medical problems and i'm not in chat when the day comes to have the chat, but i'm trying to get there. My first priority is my children and my husband and with Dakota being so sick lately it's not easy for me to stay online long so i see no point in trying to get into chat. I dont want anyone thinking i'm rude or mean or i just dont really care about the chat or my journal. I try to add something as often as i can.
    I just have to be there for my family when they need me and lately lil Dakota has needed me alot.
    I just wanted to let all of you know i think of each of you often. I miss not being able to do the right thing by being in chat but like i said my first priority is my family. I hope you all understand this.
    Take Care everyone and keep up the great job your doing with your journal.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. <<oh a new thing to play with on aol, I need a journal, I don’t have one, sureeee let the world read what I have to say, no one will care anyhow.>>

    That's how I felt, too!

    <<And in time I found myself caring about these ppl I readabout in this place called J~Land.  They made me laugh out loud, they made my cry puddles of tears, they made me soooo mad at times, but also showed me different view points that I mayhave never experienced before>>

    No kidding.  There are amazing people out there with great hearts that SHARES.  I'm humbled by some of them because they are just that good.

    ReplyDelete