Sunday, April 18, 2004

A Day of Family Fun

Ya know, yesterday was a really nice day! The weather was warm and sunny, we had family in from out of town, I got to do stuff for Girl Scouts and we also got some lawn work down and had a big water war with the kids and to top it off the kids got new back yard play toys!

Josh's sister Pammy and her husband and daughter came into town last week but stayed most of that time with thier dad.  They came out here to feel out the waters, see whats going on here in way of work ops and housing.  They got some leads but nothing solid yet. Friday they stayed the night with us and the kids had a fun sleep over.  It would be great if they would move out here just for the kids to be closer.  I did grow weary of all thier talk about thier Morman church, but we was polite and didnt get into any big debates.  I told Josh if they do move out here he BETTER read up for himself what they believe and what he would say to them when it comes up. Cuz you know it will come up lol

The sat morning Annie and I and Amy's daughter met up with our troop at McDonalds for breakfast before we went out to do the April Showers.  It was a gourgous day to do it too. All we had to do was walk around the subdivison we was assigned to and put plastic bags on the doors for the homeowners to fill with tolitries for the needy. OMG the houses we was assigned to was what I would call min mantions! The sign said they started out at the mid 400's! It was all new construction, so some of the homes didnt have anyone there yet but the ppl we did met and asked what we was doing were very nice and happy to help.  Josh said I came home green with envy. lol

After Pammy and her crew left Josh mowed the lawn and I took the kids out to the Park.  It was soooo hot, I only lasted maby 45 min there before I said lets go and on the way home pick up some water guns for water war.  After we got home and josh finished up the yard we had at it. Kids vs Mom and Dad but at the end they all ganged up on ME! lol So we was soaked and covered in grass and mud. Had to hose everyone down before we let anyone in the house.

So after we got all cleaned up, josh and I in our robes all comfy cozy there is a knock on the door. LOL Josh scrambled into the other room to get dressed but I answered in my robe blushing. It was a friend from church. Chris and Pete.  Thier grandson used to live with them but has since then moved out of town.  So they had these yard toys they wanted to give us.  We all got dressed fast and went out to the back yard to set it up. OH and the kids love it! I didnt get a chance to take pics, probly will today.

It was one of the best Spring Days I can remeber having in a long time.  I look forward to having more and more of them!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day! God blessed us with beautiful weather also. God bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete