Monday, April 12, 2004

Our Easter Celabration

I hope everyone had a blessed day yesterday as they enjoyed time with friends and family but also remembered what the day was all about.  He died for you, are you going to live for him? 

Our service was short and simple at church.  It is wonderful when the spirit speaks threw everyone and is of one accord.  Seems like everything I have been contimpating here in my journal was also spoken at church.  At the end of the service the leaders gave an oppertuinty for those who wanted prayer to come forward.  Josh went up but I stayed in my seat.  I know I should of gone up, because I want to get rid of this disire for smoking, but I stayed planted in my seat. I have gone up for prayer on this before and even annoced to the church I was defently quitting, this was like a year ago, andn I know its silly to feel this way but I am embarassed that I still have to request prayer over it. Sat. I tried to fast for it and did perty good threw out the day, but gave to temptation as I was preparing the food for our Easter dinner.  It is easy when its not right infront of your face, like all temptations I guess, the test is when it is right there for you to do and you can resist it.  As I was making the food the conversation in my head was " No, this food is for tomorrow, I have made it all day strong, don't break now! Mmm these deviled eggs are going to be good tomorrow, if I had just one, no one will know. Oh ya, God would, wouldnt he. Lord sustain me, man does not live by bread alone but by the Bread of Life.  Feed my soul." Then I was making pizza for the kids to eat and as I was cutting it up my belly/my flesh, began to rumble. At that point I gave in and had like 4 pieces of pizza. So my confession is I am not this all spirtual strong person. I walk in my flesh more than I do the spirit.  Not proud of it and asking God to work on me.  After church Josh lite a cig in the car and I was trying to be strong and had this conversation in my head " No I do not want one, the smell is just gross, my lungs deserve better.  God take this desire away from me." that lasted till we was half way home and josh told me there was a whole carton in the glovebox.  Sigh.  It is a process and this is like the hundreth time I have tried to quit.  I didn't form this habit over night so logical thinking is I wont get rid of it over night either, yet I know with God allthings are possible.  I think what it is that I dont really want to give that part of me up, it is my pet sin, that demon is attached to me and I have become comfortable with him.

As you can see from the pics my children looked very very cute, courtesy of Grandma and Grandpa.  We did not do eggs this year and I did not get to do that recipe with them, I ran out of funds and was unable to buy the nuts for it.  Next year we will.  I did not buy any candy for them, but somehow they made out like bandits between the Grandparents and Riley's baskets.  The girls got nail polish in thier's so they are having fun painting eachothers nails and mine.  We rented that movie "The School Of Rock" and the kids loved it!  Going around the house singing "oh your not hard core" and "step off" great, lol I think its apart of the sugar high, baskets are going up and I will dole it out as I see fit, I know, mean mommy.

3 comments:

  1. Well, your day sounds really nice.  Those kids are just BEAUTIFUL....all of them beautiful in their own way. The girls looked like little princesses..so precious! Thank you for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! They are so cute! Glad you had a geat Easter! god bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a nice Easter!  Your kids are so cute in the pics all dressed up, thats really nice.  ~lila~

    ReplyDelete