Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Praying for your enemies

The source for those last two posts are http://march.now.org/coalition.html and http://www.marchforwomen.org/cosponsors/congress.php.

I am not kidding about praying for them, I am printing out those lists and going to be in prayer over them each day.  Feel free to do so yourselves. 

How do you pray for those who make you want to vomit?  How do you love those who hate everything you stand for? By the Grace of God, that's how.  I truely don't hate anyone one on that list.  Yes they make me angry but the way I see it, they are decieved, they are believing lies from Satan.  With God all things are possible.  First I will ask him to put a love for these ppl in my heart, so that I will not grow weary. Then I will ask that he touch thier hearts, minds and spirit. That he would break threw and that they would see truth and turn to God.  Only God can do a work in thier lives and change them, nothing I do or say will change minds unless God is already working on them.

I know I have posted alot this week on the abortion issue and some of you are probly thinking "engh all ready" lol But this is what is going on in the World and what God is working on with me in my life.  Some times I feel discouraged, like the whole world is agenst me and what good is it to keep up with speaking about these things, who is listioning and who cares. But God tells me Do not grow weary of doing good, lean on him for his strenth and do not let the enemy get me down.  Those of you who read me know that this is not the only thing I write about and that my journal has a wide spectrum of topics, but ultmently they all center around my relationship with Jesus and my family life.  So stick with me, I am sure the topic is bound to change sometime soon lol.

2 comments:

  1. I think we talked about this before....you are so good. I can't pray for those I hate...I just can't. I pray to keep them away from me and mine but thats about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is a weapon of Light, and it has the power to eradicat all forms of darkness.  Praying for your enemies is the key.  When we offer love even to our enemies, we destroy their darkness and hatred-which is the reason they became our enemies in the first place.  What's more, we cast out the darkness inside ourselves. What's left are two souls who now recognize the spark of divinity they both share.

    Derek

    ReplyDelete