Saturday, April 3, 2004

Whats so bad about being like Pollyanna?

I have nothing else to write about cuz I live a such a drama free life (ya, right) so that is the only reason I am focoused on this one neg person lol who sujested I was fake and like Pollyanna.

Cover Graphic from Pollyanna Pollyanna had a great out look on life, always seeing the good and ignoring the bad.  She didn't care about class protocol and just generally loved everyone, even the mean people in her life.  She had that childlike faith that we all should strive for.  Why do some find her so annoying?  Because they hate good and love evil? Or because they are jealous that she seems to be so perfect and they can only see the negatives about themselves and would rather bring her or ppl like her down to their level of misery?  I am no Pollyanna but I don't see being called one such a bad thing.  Just because I don't care to focus on all the bad things but on the things I have been blessed with like my relationship with God and my family makes me dull? Oh well, this is my journal and I am free to do with it as I like.  I have my b*tchy moments like everyone and I even made a journal that explored my darker side but found THAT one to be fake and boring and farther from my true self.  This has become one of my life scriptures:

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

5 comments:

  1. You are not dull at all. Anyone that knows you knows you are happy, full of life and normal. Again...what a loserrrrrrr that girl is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People who are hateful usually are very insecure. Ignore those kinds of comments. In fact, I would delete it and forget about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually remember when that movie came out. Haley Mills was the star, I think. Man, do I feel old. How we think and what we think about will define us as a person in our own mind. What others think is secondary. If you remember the Golden Rule your walk through life will be positive. My regards, Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all know what this person says is a bunch of hooey. I'm going to share this with you...I saw his/her/its comments on another journal that I read rather infreqrently, but read it yesterday...the comment left was that this Jaba whatever is 49 and is unipolar depressive and is on anti-depressants. Went on to say he/she is a follower of Wayne Dyer & was quick to point out "it is not a cult". Whatever, so now you know who your dealing with here. ((Mary)) ~lila~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've come by on many occasions but didn't always comment. Now I feel the need to comment. 1) I love pollyanna...we need more like her. 2) I love your journal...enjoy reading it especially when I need some soul food. 3) Don't let those less fortunate or the damaged birds of paradise interfere with who and what you are and say. Obviously, you are doing God's work well or they wouldn't feel the need to attack you...Blessings to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete