Monday, April 12, 2004

Our First Rock Concert as a Family

Needless to say my taste in music has changed over the years. My very first concert was New Kids On The Block (Donny is still hot!) Then I evolved into my wannabe hippie faze and went to see The Grateful Dead when I was preggers with Zane (that is a post in of its self!) After we moved to Wis I got to go see Ozzy (fell asleep or is that past out) and Tom Petty (did you know I was the Mary in Last Dance With Mary Jane?) Here in Saint Louis the place to go to party is Pop's on the East Side and I could head bang with the best of them!  But when I became a Christian and totally dedicated my life to the Lord I found all that music dead. I just couldn't relate to it any more.  It was a blessed day when I was introduced to some really cool Christian Rock Music like Sonic Flood and Third Day.  Who said you couldn't rock out and praise the Lord at the same time!? My kids really, I mean really, loved that movie School Of Rock!  Zane and Annie are already planning their own Rock Music Videos.  I wanted to show them that you can rock and love the Lord at the same time.  I had heard on the radio Friday about this free concert at a big church here called St. Louis Christian Family Church.  A friend of ours goes to that church, and btw for you sports fans, it's also the home church for Kirk Warner.  We have gone to this church before for a few free Randy Travis Concerts. So with the kids seeing this movie it was perfect timing for them to go to their first Rock Concert!  The head liners was a British Christian Rock band called Delirious? But thewarm up was a band I never had heard called Rock n Roll Worship Circus.  We got there early cuz we expected the lines to be long but we got a good place.  Not five min. there Lilly had to go potty, so I had to leave with her to the gas station and take her.  When we got back they was already letting ppl in. The kids was very excited about going to see a real rock concert but the babies was kinda restless. We staked a spot back left from the stage, not too far from the speakers.  Let me tell you it was AWESOMEEEE!! We danced, we jumped, we head banged, we rocked out, we raised our hands in worship along with a couple hundred other ppl.  A lot of youthgroups had come out to see this concert.  A side from having to chase Lilly and Sophia around and taking them to the potty like 10 times, it was a great experience. At one point I took Zane and Annie closer to the stage and they got a good look at Delirious up close. Everyone was cool and let us by, no pushing or shoving.  We left a bit early cuz as parents we was getting worn out from chasing after the four kids, but I really wish I could have stayed for the whole thing.  But I feel like one of those cool parents now who takes their kids to rock concerts lol.  Click here  for a sample of Worship Circus and click here for a sample of Delirious?.

4 comments:

  1. I think it is awesome that christian music has evolved to include all different kinds of music styles. It draws more people in to God's Word. God bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!  I remember my first Christian concert!  It was awesome as well!  I love Delirious, but I had never heard of the other group, I will have to check them out!  Great journal BTW!

    Tracy
    http://beta.journals.aol.com/sasonalmah/ARoseByAnyOtherName/

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Kids On The Block was my first concert too =)  I love Sonic Flood and Third Day....FFH is my favorite though =)
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  4. u live in wis? so do I!
    http://journals.aol.com/bernmilo/WAYNEATOPICTURES

    ReplyDelete