Monday, April 26, 2004

FREEDOM

Today I read a new journal. It was posted in The Journal Keepers group.  It only had a few entries but it was so very honest and real.  She made me think of days that I had long left back in the past and have been healed of.

No secrect that I have had many hurts in my life, we all have them, but we all choose differnt ways to deal with them. If you have ever read my testimony (posted in my other sites list) you may of read in greater detail of how I used sex and drugs and drinking to cover up and stuff down those deeper hurts.  Thinking back I see how dark of a place I was in compared to where I am today and I am sooooo THANKFUL!  I was in bondage and didn't even relize it at the time.  I was living a dead life and if I had stayed on that path I would surely be either on the streets or dead.  I look at those who dont have what I have, those who dont have hope in thier lives and it makes me deeply sad and I want to reach out and embrace them and show them who they can cast all thier cares on. I wish they could see what I see. I don't want to sound like a fanatic but I guess I just really am.  When you have tasted of the light, when you felt the HolySpirit, when you have hope and that joy that goes beyoend human understanding, when it all just clicks, you can't just hold that in!

It is no lie, it is total truth that if you give your life over to Jesus you will find healing to all those wounds you carry in you, You will have forgivness for all the things you have done, you will be redeemed, You will have strenth that will take you threw any tribulation. You will have FREEDOM from all that binds you and ties you up, freedom from the evil that clouds your thoughts and tells you lies, those demons will flee. You will have HOPE AND JOY. Hope for a life beyonde what you see here and Joy from the Lord.  Not a fake felling that you get from drugs or false emotions.

If you come to him and just tell him, I can't do it my own way anymore, it has lead me to no where, I need YOU In my life Jesus.  I believe in you and I trust you. I believe what it says in the Bible, that you came to to redeem me and to forgive me of my sins, and that you hung on a cross for ME and then arose from the dead, I am sorry for all my sins, sins that put you up on that cross and I am looking for a change,come and live in my heart, send me your spirit so that I may understand you and your words, you will see a differnt life.  Mark it down the day you say that prayer, because that is the day it all will start to change!

4 comments:

  1. I love when you write entries like this one.  You write so honestly and with such passion.  God is smiling down on you.

    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. give your life over to Jesus you will find healing to all those wounds you carry in you



    beauty....raw and true.


    I'm off to read the new journal~  :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know... I like reading your entries about Christian Living... I don't see many other people writing about this topic.  Personally, I LOVE talking about my church and stuff!  It's just so refreshing!

    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful and from the heart.   Freedom in Christ....you wear it proudly and from that, you shine JESUS!  Others see that and it is contagious.  I am proud to call you my sister in Christ!!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete