Monday, April 5, 2004

My Deliverer

SORRY!!! I HAD TO HURT YOUR EARS LIKE THAT LOL I could not find that song anywhere and it kept going threw my head and this whole post is based on that song.  Sorry Kara I had to delete those other flubbed entries  If any one knows where I can find that song send it over to me. It is a really good song, when I AM not singing it lol.  The reason I suppose it started going threw my head and just that one vers of the song is cuz I watched The Ten Commandments last night.  That is when it started.

The children of Israel was calling out for the Deliverer to come, to free them from the bondage they was under in Egypt and bring them into the Land promised to them threw Abraham.  When Moses came they didn't think too much of him, they was looking for a warrior to fight a mighty battle on their behalf.  God choose to do it a much different way.  Threw his power and might, not threw a sword.  A shadow I think of what was to come.  When Jesus came, the Messiah, again Israel was looking for a warrior to deliver them out of the bondage they was under threw Roam.  But what Christ did was deliver them from the bondage of sin and death.  He was not a warrior then, he was meek and humble and he died a criminal's death on the cross. And if that was the end of the story sure he could be dismissed. But he defeated the grave and came back. He walked the earth for 40days and then ascended into heaven and promise to come back in these last days as the Mighty Warrior.

I was also thinking of the illustration of the blood of the lamb.  How in Egypt The Lord told the Hebrews to put the blood of the lamb over the door posts so the death angle would pass them over. That is why it is called Passover.  Jesus is the Passover now, The Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, and because of his shed blood I will be passed over on Judgment Day and have everlasting life.  He paid that price for me, the sacrifice that was required for my sins, a price that no longer can be satisfied by the blood of lambs and goats or can be satisfied by good works or deeds.  He delivered me from the curse of death and sin.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you honeybea, sometimes I need to be remindend of these things you write of. I'm so glad I found your journal! ~lila~

    ReplyDelete