Thursday, April 8, 2004

Didn't make the top 5 but happy for those who did

The other day I got an e-mail saying my journal was being considered for the Editors pick and yadayadayada send them a pic.  And I did, and I just asumed I would be on that list, because anyother time I got such an e-mail I was on the list. I was laughing about it because I told Josh it seems when ever I have a big tantrum about him the editors notice. The thought of being on the LIST is what inspired my last entry.  I wanted ppl to see what J~Land ment to me and what it could be for others.  So if anything a really great entry was inspired.  I was thinking maybe they was going for a Christian theme for Easter but looks like the editors went a differnt way.  No big deal.  I admit I am a bit disapointed, but I will shake it off.  There really isn't any rhyme or reason on how they pick for the list, mostly I have noticed they go for a differnt theme each week.  I look each week to see who is up there because sometimes I can find some new intresting journals to add to my ever growing list.  I was very happy for Peachy last week.  She is an awesome writter and has skill with putting down what she thinks. I still need to make my rounds to the list this week and send congrates over to them and see if they are my list worthy lol.

Spring break is almost over! Yaaaaahhh! lol Today I am to take the older ones over to Josh's parents and they will stay the night and take them out shopping for Easter clothes.  This is good cuz I surely cant afford to get them anything new for Easter this month.  We still havent made rent and we are way over drawn at the bank, and 2nd notices have rolled in due next week.  What are we going to do?  I don't know but God always seems to find a way.  It is spring and Josh's work has not picked up as much as it was supossed to.  He worked one day last week and maybe two this week. He did get a side job for a friend from church who also happens to work at his work too (differnt position) also they want him to be up at church as much as possible this week so they all can finish up the improvments they have been working on before Sunday. I really feel bad about my last tantrum in here and must apologies about that part about him never hearing from God.  He has really been seeking him lately and just hasnt made a big show of it to me.  It was so touching the other night, we actualy goton our knees together and prayed together.  There is nothing more special than that, more loving than that.  We defently must make that apart of our regular routine.  God knows that is one of my biggest desires is for my husband to be more of the spirutal leader of our household.  I can see how he has been working on Josh little by little, as he does with me too, and changing us both into new creations.  Praise God!

8 comments:

  1. Keep The Faith. If you have put this all in God's hands and trust in the Divine you will have more than you could ever imagine asking for. I read your entry in BORN TO BLOG and decided to stop by and say Hi. JLand is a great place. Stop by my place when you have time http://journals.aol.com/punky5678/AnAppleADay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for your hubby to get work I know that is so hard. But, God will provide. God bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was surprised at me being on the list.  I know they send out more emails than the slots available.  I didn't think much about the email originally.  So, I guess I was sincerely surprised I made it.  

    Who knows, next time it'll be you for sure.  -=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had SO MANY notices for my weight loss journal it's not funny.  I could wallpaper the living room with all the notices.  Honestly I think your journal deserves to be feature and I'm sure it will before you know it!

    Smilin Mon

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all...you are just Beautiful! And I wish you would have made it up there. They will get to you..they will. I think it's really sweet that you guys prayed together. so touching. And so very special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't assume that you will not be picked in the future.  They will send you a notice that tells you that your journal will be featured the next day.  Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have NO doubt your journal will be featured in the near future. I think you've been featured before? I was thinking that was how I found your journal...a long while back and still drop in for visits. I PROMISE, I'll start commenting more regularly. You know how it is, being a busy mom on the go and all :) About finances...Don't even get me started on mine! I know how it is, and you're right God always manages to send a job our way when we think we can't hang on any longer. It's his way, I used to say...God's timing is not our own. He likes to wait till the last minute :) Really, it increases our faith. God Bless, Huny.

    Love
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Their loss for not picking you. I like the picture.  My Regards, Bill.

    ReplyDelete