Friday, April 23, 2004

Pro-Life T-shirt day, my eassay re-visited

Proverbs 24:11-12

 If thou forbear to deliver [them that are] drawn unto death, and [those that are] ready to be slain;

 If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider [it]? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth [not] he know [it]? and shall [not] he render to [every] man according to his works?

 

 

Ps 139:13

For thou hast possessed my reins:

thou hast covered me in my

mother's womb.

Ps 139:14

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully

and wonderfully made: marvellous

are thy works; and that my soul

knoweth right well.

 

 

 

 

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I [am] the LORD that maketh all [things]; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;


 

 

Many of you know of my testimony and that at 15 I had an abortion. When I called myself a murderer many do not get it. I have posted my testimony in a webpage on the internet and I am often asked, “Who did you kill”. I tell them did you read the whole thing and if they say yes I tell them I was referring to my abortion and they often say Oh that is ok, that doesn’t make you a murderer, you was just doing what was right for you at that time. Abortion is not considered murder anymore to a vast population in our society. There is much debate as to when human life starts and when a baby is just a blob of tissue and is morally o.k. to cut that tissue away. I would like to say that my abortion story is rare and that it is not such a big problem in our community and we don’t need to worry about it but unfortunately that is not the case.

 

A term, a mantra that used to be used for the legalization of Abortion was "Safe, Legal, and Rare."  A term I never would have heard if not for reading pieces and listening to radio programs talking of the history of this issue.  You never hear it anymore.  The fact is that is not the case 30 years later.  Before 1973 the year of Roe vs. Wade and made legal, the estimated number of abortions was 600,000. 30 years after it became lawful to have an abortion at any stage of pregnancy and for any reason the number is now 43 MILLION. That is 1.4 million a year, 4,000 a day, 165 per hour, 1 abortion every 23 seconds!  One out of 4 conceptions inthe United States are terminated, 25% of our population. That would be like the combined population of Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Tennessee, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina wiped out. Six States!  Abortion is being used as a birth control.  The top reasons women seek an abortion is for social and economical reasons.  Only 5% go in under the reasons for rape, incest or for health. It is reported that 46% of women who have abortions didn’t use contraceptives and that more than half of the women receiving abortions are repeat customers.  That doesn’t sound very rare to me. Does it to you? More like an epidemic.
       It is said that with any medical "procedure" there is risks.  Not taking into the account of murdering a child, the harm for the women who undergo this "procedure" can and is great. Possible death from bleeding out at home, damage to the womb that effects future pregnancies, greater risk for breast cancer, serious Depression that effects the women her whole life and possibly her future children. The farther along in a pregnancy a woman is when she gets an abortion the more dangerous it becomes.  Abortionists tools may injure if not carefully used by poking holes threw the wall of the womb and damaging a women’s bowels. In a mater of seconds strong suction can pull in parts of intestines and leaving serious harm, resulting in major surgery to correct problems, often leaving a woman unable to have future children.   A women could suffer from excessive bleeding and be in need for a transfusion but on occasion some have not made it for treatment and have bleed out at home and died. Damage and scarring to the cervix or fallopian tubs can lead to a women being sterile or in future pregnancies delivering prematurely. New research has come out linking breast cancer to abortion. Seven studies show an increase risk by two folds!  Does all that make it sound safe to you? Aside from the potential physical complications women who have abortions and men also suffer emotional too. Post Abortion Stress is the technical term now given to it where a women and also men who are apart of the experience suffer from guilt, shame, anger, poor coping skills, isolation, lower self esteem, sexual problems, deep depression, insomnia, nightmares, flashbacks, addictions to drugs and alcohol, and even suicide. They have problems with failed relationships. Some women may try to have another baby to replace the one aborted and then there are women who can not stand the thought of children and is hard for them to be around a crying baby.
       It is so sad but abortion has become big business. When a women goes into a clinic looking for council she is not presented with all the facts or even half of what I have just told you here, so how can she make an informed CHOICE.  According to The Planned Parent Hood’s website under ask the experts section the price for an abortion can start at $350-575 plus what ever added tests needed and the cost raises of course the later thestage of pregnancy. This website even suggested that some clinics will charge on a sliding scale and that sometimes Medicaid will cover the cost. On the Hope Clinic for Women’s located in
Granit City, ILL, website, it quotes around $2,000 for a 24 week abortion. Imagine the typical intake of a clinic that performs 20-30 abortions a day, five days a week and the side income of selling the left-overs for medical research. Often the councilor is more of a sales person. It is legal for Children who don't tell their parents of the pregnancy, and are not able to fully inform the clinic of their past medical conditions, to have an abortion. It is legal for Young teens, taken by older boyfriends or distraught parents, to be forced into this choice. What has become Legal is Murder for Money.  It is legal to pay a "doctor" to murder a child still in the womb. 

This is a lost and hurting world we are in.  We are to be salt and light to this dark world.  I have heard it said that you won't change minds until you change hearts.  Yes, this is very true, and I am not for arguing with people about this issue, but I believe planting seeds and telling the facts is part of being salt.  God is the one who will change hearts. We are to be Proclaiming what the Word says about the Life that God creates and the consequences of sin. We are the voice of the children being lead to slaughter, who else will speak for them? If you are not comfortable with talking to ppl about this because you don't know what to say or just don't know all the facts about it, learn. Do the research yourself, ask God how you can be salt and light on this subject.  You Never KNOW who you may touch, whose life you may influence


Before my own abortion I never once heard it was wrong or that it was indeed murder, or how it would affect me afterwards.  All I knew was I was 15 and my mother had told me we could not afford to have it but it was my "choice" what to do.  I was very ignorant to the facts and I surely didn't have the Lord in my life then.  My heart was selfish and I would have preferred to just get it done and over with then to go threw having a baby and giving it up for adoption. Think of the difference in my life if I had had a friend to show me the truth of what I was doing. But God is so faithful; he knew the plans he had for me.  He allowed me to go threw that situation.  And years later I did come to the Lord and was able to give all that Hurt and Shame to him.  He healed me of the depression and the anger and the guilt from that abortion. He has shown me that indeed he can use me where I have been hurt the most.  But I know for a fact, if Abortion wasn't legal, it would not have even been an option! Perhaps I would have been more careful in my choices with sex or I would have had the child and there would have been a wonderful new life in this world. Pray for the women who are today making choices about life and death. One every 23 seconds!

     

3 comments:

  1. Amen! God bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so saddened by the fact that there is such a thing as abortion.  What is our world coming to?  ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAVE TO AGREE WITH EDGEBAG... HOW ARE WE GOING TO, AS A NATION, SAY ITS OKAY TO MURDER BABIES BUT TURN BACK AROUND AND SAY ITS UNLAWFUL TO KILL ANOTHER HUMAN BEING? WHAT ARE UNBORN BABIES? ALIENS? A LADY ONCE TOLD ME THAT UNBORN BABIES ARE NOTHING BUT TISSUE AND CELLS...WHY WORRY ABOUT IT?   AND I HAD TO ASK HER JUST WHAT SHE THOUGHT SHE WAS MADE UP OF ANYWAYS:???
    GOD BLESS YOU MARY!!!

    ReplyDelete