Thursday, April 22, 2004

Why submitting to your spouce is a good thing! LOL

So today I did it.  I made the dreaded call I have been putting off for two months.  I called to cancel my aol and all its lovely extras we have.  Josh has been on me to do it ever since we got DSL.  You know me, I fought it hard, I cried, I kicked, I screemed.  I love MY AOL. My hands shook as I dialed the 800 number. My heart rate went up a notch as I went threw the auto-mated options menu. My voice cracked as I told the friendly guy Augest (shocked too cuz he was 100% American, expecting a forine guy) that I must cancel. Ofcourse he did as he was traied and asked why and how can we make your online experance better. I told him I love everything on AOL and use most of the features. But we are very tight right now, and this was one of the things we had to cut in our budget.  I called ONE day before our billing date as it so happens (it would of been a bad thing if I had waited, this would defintaly of made us over drawn at the bank).  The only reason you are leaving us is because you are short for a few months? Have you tried the aol keywords and now you are on dsl the streaming video and audio?  Well yes, that is the only reason, I have tried some of the keywords and some video, but not alot. I can help you out with a few free months then so you can fully use the key words and the video.  I have free aol ppl till Jun22! : )  About the same conversation went on with Miss Ginny (who loved my security question lol but I cant tell you then i would have to change it) so I have free aol by phone till July22! : D  Josh is going to be so proud of me that I finaly went and made these calls.

Now, I am not dence and I knew deep down that aol would give us at least a free month to stay on a bit longer, so I wasnt all that surprised when they did but still in my mind I thought "what if they won't? what if they too are tighting the belt and have decided not to give out so much free aol to ppl?  what if I do get a foriner on the other end, and that would piss me off to no end cuz I am sick of our jobs being shipped over seas and just cancel totaly out of princable?" 

I know by June and July things will be much better with money than they are now, at least I am praying they will be.  With us having to pay the rest of our rent tomorrow and some on the phone bill we will not beable to get our car out of the shop.  Josh did get a truck from his work, but as far as I know its only till friday. lol and it looks like they gave him the most beaten up one they had, the tires are balding, the back windshield was broke but replaced but its being held in by tape. lol  It works and that is what is important, Josh can get to work.  I am unsure how we are going to buy grocries this week, and I am starting to feel like old mother hubberd.  Mannnnn today I was craving Chinies food sooooooo badly. Crab Rangoon and Steamed Dumplings was calling out my name, "Mary, Maryyy, come on, you know you deserve to splirge on us.  Give Josh the come hither look and make him go and get us.  Rammon Noodles is a poor substitue, Maryyyyy, you want the real thing!" So I did give Josh the if you love me go get it for me look, but he wasnt picking up on it lol or was trying not to cave in himself. 

1 comment:

  1. Mary, you know what?  I didn't have the money for my aol last month, and called them, and they were soooo nice, gave me 2 months free.  I appreciate that alot.  I don't think any other service would do that.  If I lost aol, I would be so upset because of the  journal community that I have found.  I have had to go to our local food bank for food before,  I'm not ashamed to admit it, sometimes a family needs help, and thats what they are there for, to help.  I know you will work through all this, the Lord is on your side.  ~lila~

    ReplyDelete