Wednesday, June 16, 2004

8yrs ago...

Yesterday Josh and I passed another milestone. 8 years of marriage.  I don't know why this year I am all gushy and sentimental about it.  But you have got to admit 8 years is a good amount of time these days, especial since we was 19 when we got married and you all know the statistics on teen marriage.

You may have read my previous entries about how we met and became a couple. So I will pick up where that one left off and also give the fun details of the Big day.

We both lived in Vegas with our families and things was on and off again, normal teenage stuff.  Then my dad started his battle with Cancer and I found out I was with child.  It was decided that we move back to Wis. where my most of our family lived.  Mom could not handle it all on her own and needed that support.  We moved the beginning of the summer of '94.  Josh finished up what he had to do and moved out there with us at the end of the summer.  Zane was born Oct 10th '94.  My dad was the most proud grandfather ever.  He loved and cared so much for him, called him his little buddy.  He was healthy engh to help in taking care of him while I was in school.  Then in January he got worse and it was decided that no further treatments would help, he was coming to terms with dying.  I think it was a blessing from God that my dad got to see his first grandchild. By February he was very bad and on his death bed.  Josh had been making payments on the ring he had wanted to give me.  A full carrot diamond heart cut, but he decided he didn't want to wait, and went down to a 1/2 carrot diamond so he could give it to me right away.  He proposed to me right away, in our bedroom while I was holding Zane.  No, it was not a surprise but it helped take my mind off how bad dad was.  I rushed downstairs to show my dad the ring and tell him I would be taken care of by Josh forever.  My dad was almost a zombie by then, he was so drugged up, but I think threw the haze he saw it and understood and it helped in him letting go.  It was a few days after that he died with all his family gathered around him. I was barley 18.

That summer Josh and me and Zane got our first apartment.  You never forget how terrible your fist apt. is do you lol.  We never really talked about a wedding or set a date.  When I turned 19 it was the cut off age for me to beon my mom's insurance and she insisted that Josh and I should get married so I could be covered under his insurance. Josh had a very good job with good benefits. If Josh would have had it his way we would have just gone to the court house.  You know my mom wasn't having that! lol I was her first born daughter and I deserved a real wedding.  She was going to see to that!  So we set the date, I org wanted a March wedding cuz that was when Josh and I had gotten together the first time.  But nope, it had to be June, on a Sat. so everyone could come and the weather would be nice.  We went the cheap route and did everything we could possible do ourselves.  Josh's mom made my dress.  Mom and I did the flowers and head vale and center pieces and decorations.  We rented out the Knights of Columbus hall and did cash and carry food.  We just had beer on tap and champagne for the wedding party.  Got the cheapest DJ (you get what you pay for folks).  The invitations was about the most expensive thing I think, but they was wonderful.  Our colors was Purple and White.  Someone who knew someone did our cake for a very good price.  And someone who knew someone did our pictures.  Josh's cousin Heather did my hair and make up.  The brides maids dress was from JC Penny outlet store. A family friend did recorded the wedding for us (THANK YOU TODD) We opted to go with the Unity Church for the ceremony.  I was raised Episcopal but for us to get married in that church Josh would have to take a bunch of classes and join that church, we wasn't interested in doing that.  Josh's Dad and Step-Mom was apart of the Unity church so he was familiar with it somewhat and the Minister wasn't expensive.  I watch the ceremony now and see how watered down it was and how superficial it was and want so much for our Current Pastor to remarry us on our 10th anv.  One that makes God the center of it all.

My Uncle, my dad's brother, walked me down and my sister and Josh's sister was the bridesmaids.  Josh's best friend Jared from HighSchool was best man and his brother was the other groomsmen.  Consuelo was org going to be my maid of honor but she couldn't get out there for the wedding from Vegas. Zane was the ringbearer and my cousin's daughter Bailey was the flower girl.  The flower girl's dress was one that has been used in several weddings, we just changed the ribbon.  The church was kinda strick on what we could and couldn't do.  Perty much no decorations of our own.

Watching our video tape of the reception I chringe! lol We was such Hoosiers (Hoosiers is a slang term for white trash if you didn't know) We all was drunk, especially Josh! But we did have a good time.  Josh fought tooth and nail when we tried to put the ball and chain on him.  I got grass stains all over my dress from that.  When we cut the cake, he HAD to throw it in my face.  There is no pic of me with it all over my face but its on the video!  I was very upset!  He let me mush it all over his face in return.  For the toast he could barely stand up, and in the Anderson family Tradition I belched.  Josh wouldn't dance serious with me, and we was all over the place. Yet he was a perfect gentleman with his mom.  After all was said and done the reception hall was trashed.  A sign post pulled up, cig butts all over the grass, cups all over, um mash potatoes on the wall (I threw them at josh).  My mom and her friends cleaned up as much as they could but needless to say we lost our deposit.

Josh and I had a two night stay at the Country In Suites, in a very nice room. But that was all of a honeymoon we had.

Last night we watched the video with our four children.  My son looked away each time Josh and I kissed embarrassed.  I promised Annie her wedding would be classier cuz this was not how a wedding is supposed to look like lol (meaning the reception). Josh made us a nice stake dinner on the grill and we shared a bottle of wine.  It was not a grand celebration but it was nice and we have eachother and that is all that counts.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics! Congratulations! god bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete