Saturday, June 26, 2004

updates and weekend assignment

Today was kinda a bummer.  It was a scheduled field trip to the Zoo with the G.S.  To be our last meeting of the summer.  I was really looking forward and at the same time dreading it.  I was looking forward to spending the day with my daughter and the troop and it being the last meeting. I was dreading the heat and all the hoopla that comes with going on a big field trip.  But today was the perfect day for a trip to the zoo. Wonderful weather *Sigh* Josh had to work today and I didn't get sitters for the rest of the kids, so off the troop went, leaving me behind.  Zane did get to go over to his friend's house for the day so it was just me and the babies for most of the day.  Annie got home around 5:30.  Josh didn't get home till almost 7 and Zane got home at almost 9.  I feel like I have been stuck at home and everyone is off living in the real world, doing things and bla bla bla.  Do I have the summer time blues?  I am looking forward to mom coming next weekend and the 4th of July fireworks.  Josh's mom called this evening saying she can come down while I am gone for Thur. evening threw the weekend.  So that takes care of a few days. Still have to talk with my friend Amy about her maybe watching the girls the other days.

Best summer time song:  Will Smith's "Summer Time".  An oldie but a goodie.  A song that brings me back to the haydays of my youthful teens. 

Best end of summer song:  From the soundtrack of Dirty Dancing, "I've had the time of my life".

 

3 comments:

  1. I did a summer song and I havent seen anyone do mine yet. I actually did a weekend assignment I never do them. I never get to them LOL I ll have to hear a clip of your song beofre I recognize it. ThenI ll probably say......... Oh yeah stupid me I know that song LOL lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a better day today. God bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Thanks for the nice comment in my journal.   I hope things go well for you and your family!
    God LOVES you with an everlasting LOVE.   Thanks for passing it on :o)

    ReplyDelete