Tuesday, June 8, 2004

He is always there

Peacy and Becky posted about how God stepped in for thier children and answered prayer.  Amzing stories and very touching.  I also have one, well I have severeal but this one is about my daughter AnnMarie.

At the time we lived in a small upstiars 2 bedroom apartment.  We just had Zane and Annie.  Zane was 4 and Annie was barley 2.  They shared a bedroom.  Annie slept in the crib and Zane had just gotten a twin size bed that was under his window.  It was just the start of spring.  It was the first warm day and nice day in a long time. We had played outside and opend up the aprtment.  Josh and I was warn out and wanted to relax after all that play.  We put the kids down for naps.  Ofcourse they didnt want to and tried to play with each other.  So we separated them putting Zane in our room and leaving Annie in her crib.  She was being very stubern and kept wailing and crying. I went in a few times to calm her down but decied it would be best to let her cry it out.  Josh and I had just gotten a new toy called WebTV so we was playing on it and tuning her out.  After awhile she stopped and we both breathed a sigh a relief figuring she had finnally fell asleep.  Not very long after that our downstairs neighbor was knocking on our door.  He said I think your little girl is outside playing.  We laughed at him and said No it must be some one else, she is taking a nap in her room.  I went to check on her just to settle our neighbors mind.  As I opened the door to my horrer I saw the screen to the window pushed out!  I ran to it and looked down and screemed.  Annie was at the bottom of the very long drop from the window.  There was a women there holding her and comforting her.  We ran downstairs and to the side of the building where she was and scooped her up.  There is a very thin strip of grass and leaves on the side of the building where she fell.  Thankful she landed in that and not on the wide sidewalk.  It looked like she had been playing at the window cuz she had her dollies and a blanket down there with her.

In our apartment we inspected her for any broken bones or bleeding.  Nothing but a few scrapes under her arms (had she been hanging from the sill and tried to hold on?) I called the docotor asap and got her in to see her.  I was freaking out.  On the way to the doctors Annie started to fall asleep.  I kept trying to keep her awak cuz I thought it was bad if she had maybe hit head, that she should say awake.  The doctors said that was normal for a child to sleep if they are in shock and she was ok.  No broken bones, only a few bruses and scrapes under her arms.

She really didnt talk yet so she couldn't tell us what happen.  But I fully believe that an angel caught her as she fell.  I had never been so greatful to God.  I felt such guilt too.  This was before I had a relationship with the Lord but this is one of the things he used to draw me to him.  This was two weeks before Easter.  Then the week before Easter I had gotten very sick with high temptures of 104.  Threw my fever I had a vision.  A very long one.  I will have to post on that at another time, but let me just say I saw the Lord and I had angels speaking to me and I saw my future.  When it was done I woke up and the fever had broke.  A year later almost to the day is when I said YES to him, you can read that in more detail in my testimony webpage.

3 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful testimone to the Lord's faithfulness to his children!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! I know He intervined! Awesome story. I think most of us have had Godly intervention, but sadly don't recognize it. God bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does intervene and help out his people!!

    ReplyDelete