Monday, June 21, 2004

The Weekend Report

I really get behind on journal reading on the weekends.  I have like 20 journal alerts in my in box. Do I read too many journals or do ppl just post more often on the weekends lol.  This weekend seemed to of flew by.

Highlights of our weekend was Sat. we kinda just sat around like bumps on the log.  We should of take advange of this wonderful weather and been out side, mowing the lawn and such.  Josh rented a few movies.  Seems he had a Vegas theme to them.  Shade and The Cooler.  We watched the Cooler first, and it was kinda sad but with a twist ending and Shade was kinda neat also.  My mind just isnt as twisted as it used to be or else I am sure I would of figured out the Mechanic was working with the Dean along time before the end of the movie lol.  We also rented Catch That Kid for the kids.  That one is a big thumbs down from me.  I will not go into a rant about it but let's just say there are many bad messages that movie sends to pre-teens.  Is it impossible to put out a good family movie these days!??

Sunday was a busy day ofcourse. Father's day.  The kids made cards that are way cute and gave them to Josh.  Then we went to church.  The message wasn't about Fathers, but there was some readings about Fathers and each father in the church got a gift(a plastic red tool box).  I enjoyed church very much and the worship music and the prayer.  I requested prayer for my mother.  I get teary eyed still thinking and praying for her.  I havn't heard anymore from her.  Hope she will call me this week.  After church we went home and had some lunch and relaxed a bit.  Josh did make some vanilla cream pies to take to his dad's house.  We ate dinner over there.  This week has a lot of celibrating going on.  It was our anv.  Josh's Dad and step mom's anv.  Josh's dad's b-day, Father's day and also our friend Jared's b-day.  We had a nice visit over at his dad's.  Ohh and Josh figured out how to save that moviemaker project! gurr I am glad he got it to finally work but frustrated that he was the one to figure it out and not me.  After all that work!  So we will be giving that to the Grad as soon as we see him.  After dinner at the in-laws we stopped over at our old friend's house.  These are the friends we never really see or talk with anymore since we became Christians.  It is notfrom lack of effort on our part either.  It was nice to see them and let the kids remember them but you could feel a tention a bit, aleast I did.  It was like the Elephant in the room that no one wanted to talk about.  God being that Elephant.  Instead we talked about trival things, the growing Zoo they have over there lol A baby grey Fox, and a mixed bread dog with wolf in it, the fish, the cats, and dont forget the big snakes they keep and the mice and rats they breed to feed them.  I was glad to of seen S & B after so long and wish we could be close friends again, but  I know that won't happen.  PPL grow and move on I guess.  I will stop banging my head agenst the wall for thier sakes.  I love them always and pray for them.

Tonight VBS (vaccation bible school) starts for Zane and Annie.  A full week whahooo something for them to do besides get on my nerves lol jk.  We have been doing vbs since they was old eng to start going.  I usally find 2 of them for them to go to each summer. Our church is too small to host one but one day I am sure we will have them too.  Tonight is also when the prayer group at church meets, so I am hoping to go there after I drop the kids off.  I love corprate prayer.  It is only a handful of us that do it but where two or more are gathered in his name he is there.  I am still praying for the needs of the online prayer group in my private prayer time.  I am still looking for an online faithful prayer partener to meet with me to pray over the needs of the group once a week.

Tue I am hoping to spend some time over at Amy's house while the kids are at vbs.  She is leaving Thur out of town for one of her son's baseball tournments and will be gone threw Sunday. 

I am aslo looking forward to Wednesday at church.  The next session on our study for the endtimes.  I will probly be updating my study journal Thursday Are YOU ready for all this?.

2 comments:

  1. Hope things are going better for your mom. I remeber VBS. I am kind of glad our fellowship dont do it since we are so far out. Such a week. I know its fun for the kids though. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. James 5-16    Hope it all goes well for ya!

    ReplyDelete