Monday, June 28, 2004

Does a loving God send people to Hell???!

Oh boy here we go.  AOL J~LAND is all in an up roar over the religion thing and offended by a couple of comments someone left about it.

When I got the alert for Editor's Picks "Celebrating Gay Pride Month" I was less then happy about it.  I was ready to go into all out rant mode in my journal.  To say I was slightly offended by it is an understatement.  Celebrating a sin, humm what a good topic for us to highlight on AOL.  Should we also celebrate those who Murder, who steal, who commit adultery, and on and on?  That was where my rant was going anyways but I never wrote it.  I have bigger things going on in my life than to focus on what AOL does for editors picks.  I just never visited the highlighted journals, as is my right to do, my freedom to choose how to spend my time by who I read and don't read. And I was going to just leave it at that.  Then I started to follow a line of journals attacking each other and comments about religion and statements that made me want to scream.

"A loving God doesn't send ppl to Hell"  "Don't force your morals on me"  "all religions are truth" "you have no right to judge" And all the typical PC CRAP and Lies people like to hold on to justify their sins and turning away from The Lord.  Normally I don't let these comments bother me, it is the same ones over and over, and they have a right to their opinions.  I recognize my fight is not with the person but with the spirit behind the actions.  We wrestle not with flesh and blood but with spiritual principalities. It is the same war that has been going on since the foundation of the Earth and will be fighting till the Lord returns.  I still love these people who make these comments, and I pray for their souls.

My response to those arguments:

A loving God doesn't send people to hell: God doesn't send people to Hell, people choose to go there.  Hell was never intended for us, it was not created for us.  We was created to live with and have relationship with God.  But People are the ones who choose it by turning away from God and rejecting him. Can't blame God on that day if you find yourself there.  He did everything to keep you from it.  He sent his only begotten son to die for you and to cover your sins, if only you would receive that gift and follow him. He sent people to you who told you the Truth, because he loves you so deeply, yet some still choose to reject that truth.  God isn't going to make you follow him or live in his Will for your life.  God is a loving God, and does everything possible to Save you from HELL. The fact is we all deserve HELL, we all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God.  He sees all sin the same, doesn't rank it or put it in categories.  So you could have just lied once in your life time and you deserve the same hell as the person who went on a mass murdering spree. And if you think Hell is going to be a big party, you are in for a big shock.

Don't force your morals on me.  Well, the same could be said to the people who says this one.  I am always being told I HAVE to accept your morals or moral-less society or I am intolerant.  Tolerance goes both ways I think.  Pushing your sinfilled lifestyle on me and shoving it in my face is the same thing you accuse me of doing to you.

All religions is Truth.  This is that objective truth thing that says one truth is right for one person and another truth is right for another.  That there is no absolutes truths except that there are no absolutes.  This is just another excuse people give themselves for rejecting God.  God never changes, he is always the same, people and their theologies change.  There are absolute Truths in this world, you see them everyday.  Gravity, DNA (with out man monkeying around with it), things that don't change and are a constant that rule our lives, and God is in each detail of them.  All religions cannot be right, there is an absolute truth out there that is for everyone.  You hold to yours and we will see on Judgment Day what "truth" is correct.

You have no right to judge.  This one ppl love to use, especially when they know deep down they are in the wrong and they will say and that is in your bible, so there.  Please read the whole verse and if you don't believe in the bible, why do you quote it lol.  I agree I have noooo right to judge anyone's heart, that is totally up to God, yet we are to call evil, evil and not give it other names.  I don't judge anyone's heart, but I do judge the actions or the fruit if you will. I don't go around pointing out anyone's sins either, yet I also am a watchmen who has to sound a warning.  Is it more loving to let a person stay on the path of destruction without a warning?  If I really loved you I would tell you the truth, and not pander you and tell you lies.  All I can do is warn, what the person does with that information is up to them, if they receive or reject it, that is their free will.

I love and care about each person here in J~Land.  If you are offended by all this that is your choice.  If you reject me and my words, that is your choice.  I know God loves and cares about each soul here and weeps over those who choose to reject him and his words.  It is nothing to me if you hate me, because it is expected.  They Hated Jesus too and he told us we would be hated for his sake also.  The world rejects truth and clings to lies.  Those believing in those lies will lead you to hell, Not God sending you there, you choose that for yourself.

AMEN

6 comments:

  1. i didn't know AOL decided to "celebrate" gay pride.  and i'm glad it got you going. i don't judge others, or atleast try not to, BUT i do think if we see wrong and don't try to help others see the right way then we are wrong. its like us who have children...........if i see my son or daughter playing with something that will hurt them, but they are enjoying themselves do i let them continue? even if i know they will get hurt? or say i see them do something thing that could hurt them, and warrants punishment...........do i over look it because i don't want to hurt their feelings? what kind of parent would i be if i done these things? i wouldn't have the right to call myself a mother. the same is true when it comes to others you love in your life. we all have to make decisions on what kind of example we set. i only hope that i set the RIGHT kind of example, not only with my own children, but with EVERY SINGLE PERSON i come into contact with. will this make me popular? probably not. will this make me better liked in this world, its a given that i will be hated more.....................but its my duty as a CHRISTIAN woman to show what i believe in. and if this is offensive, i don't apoligise, because this is the truth and what we all should try to model our lives after.  sending blessings and love,   jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! People need to wake up and find our Heavenly Father. He is so close! Waiting for us ! God bless you, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is Amen to EVERYTHING you wrote. -Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll say Amen! to that.  I just wrote something similar in my journal as well. Please visit mine at: http://journals.aol.com/hurricaneeddy/JesusIsComingthisGeneration/

    ReplyDelete
  5. "My brother hates God because God made him gay, and he knows he is going to hell, and I do, too, for that is what the Bible says."  A Christian minister struggled with this thought.  He responded with a letter to the friend who made this statement.  All I ask is that you read it.  Thank you.  

    http://www.godmademegay.com/Letter.htm

    Thanks for being YOU, Hunybea!!

    That Happy Chica,
    Marcia Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did read threw that website from the last comment (as much as I could stomic the twisting of scripture) #1 I never did say being gay is above any other sin, I specificaly said, God sees all sin the same. #2 People are not born gay, that is one of the biggest lies satan has put out there in our generation (ask Randy in my other Journals section in EveryDayThoughtsCollected how God delivered him and others from this LIE) #3 I do not hate anyone nor do I condone violance towards anyone. #4 ALL WHO REPENT and believe and follow Jesus Christ will be saved from HELL. #5 All Churches who follow the Lord should have thier doors open to anyone seeking him, murders, rapists, thieves, and gays, People dont clean up to come to God, God is the one who cleans you up, from the inside out, he is the one who changes YOU after you repent and come to him, he is the one who gives you a new nature.
    I love The happychica very much, even though I totaly disagree with her on many things. But she is very talanted, honest, carring person. A Good person. But as we know being a good person will not keep you from God's Judgment only Jesus Chirst can.  I weep for her soul, I pray for her salvation.  I love her so much and wish her to be with me on That day when we see the Lord face to Face in Glory. But I know only God is the one who touches ppls hearts, so I will leave that up to him, I know arguing with ppl is moot unless they are seeking for TRUTH.

    ReplyDelete