Friday, June 11, 2004

Matthew 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Watching the service on TV for Ronald Regan and I am moved to tears.  What comes out clear to me is Mt.15:14 was his life scripture.  His theme for his life. 

The other day there was a journal assignment.  Write about the person who has the qualitys you wish you could possess. Someone you admire.

I did not know who I could write on besides Jesus, who I long to be more like each day.  But listioning to the stories and the service of Ronald Regan I saw many things he was that I wish to be.  Standing firm on his beliefes yet being compasionate.  They say there was not a mean bone in him.  That at the end of the day, no matter the political divide, he could still be friends with those on the opposite party.  I was touched by the story of him praying for the one who shot him before he prayed for himself.  That Hollywood and Politics didn't change him from his humble beginnings.  That he was not proud or puffed up but generous and gracous. Assured that his faith was real, not something he used for political gain or void words spoken.  He ment what he had said and I am confidant he is with The Lord right now.

Matthew 5:9 Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Ofcourse funerals make us all think of our own death and how short and fleeting this life is. I wonder what will be said of me at my own funeral?  I am no grand leader like some, I do not have a big career, or do big things. But that is ok, because I know that is not what will be looked at by God.  I know firmly who I am in Jesus and am ready to meet him if he was to call me home today.  I only hope that is reflected in all I do and say and THAT is what will be remembered of me.

If you was to meet God today, are you ready?  Could you stand before him?  Do you know with out a shadow of a dought that you would enter into hevean?  If the answer is NO or not sure, please e-mail me or IM me.  We are not promised tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Great entry! Have a great weekend! God bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful entry and something we should all consider.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a nice entry....I love the idea of being ready today.  Not in my future, not later but right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an inspiration.  God is smiling down on you, Bea.

    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like matt. 5:14 too!  Journals are a good way to spread some good news!

    ReplyDelete