Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Our new table and chairs.. well kinda

We have had our kitchen table and chairs for almost 6 years now. Two of the chairs were saved out of a dumpster but they serve their purpose well. The things ppl throw out that are perfectly good humf.  Anyway, with our impending move and new house I have had a few pre-moving projects in mind.  The Home and Garden channel has been almost a constant watch for us the last two months.  I got the idea to paint our table and chairs a dark green that will bring down the big kitchen we will have. My "theme" for the kitchen is country and apples.  I had org. picked a dark dark green called Jasper on the color deck but Josh insisted it was too dark and would look almost black on the table.  Who am I to argue with a professional?  So we looked over the color deck together and compromised on a dark green that is still bright.  (Josh and I have different ideas and visions apparently and tastes lol)  So we settled on the color that adorns the table now.. LUCKY GREEN!  NO seriously that is it's name on the color deck.  I think red chair cushions and apples in a clear bowel will complement this green, even though it is not org. what I had planned.  It will really pop in our new breakfast area.

Before you get ideas of painting your own table and chairs let me warn you.. it is alot of work!!!  I thought it would be a simple family project of slapping on some paint but nooooooooo... you have to sand every thing down first (my shoulders are still sore).  And then it has to be primed.. and then if you can get the spray gun out of your husband's hand then you can put the color on lol.  Do it on a non windy day too.. or else you will be picking leaves and bugs off your paint job. lol  But Lori is right.. when families work on home projects together it keeps them close and I look forward to doing more of these things for our new home with Josh and the kids.

Next project.. fitting Josh's bedroom armoire to be a TV stand for the living room.

One more week till we close.. I better get packing!

6 comments:

  1. I want more pics of your new home. AND when youget it all set up. IM excited I wish I was there to help you. Looks so nice. Im not a green person (Yes I have a green truck But it was that color) anyway but looks like you did a nice job and I think with an apple theme nad red it will be great. I love apples. You will have to give us your new phone # and address too. How soon will you move????? right after you close????????? girls a new house how neat!!!!!!!!!!! I cant remember do you have a basement????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love HGTV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green you have chosen is wonderful and looks great and I like the idea of a country theme (apples).  Look forward to more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo! that is a brighter green...but lucky i guess it shall be! lol..i think it will work well together though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love the color and the idea of apples fruit you know fruit of the spirit maybe stencil it in the dinning just a suggestion we love hgtv also and have gotton many great ideas from it we want to do one wall in our dinning room purple like a royal purple and that is the wall all of my cross collection will go and our kitchen will be grapes and ivy I will take alot of pictures. I love the new house looks big take lots of pictures I cant wait to see them good luck with moving I know it is hard where is it that you live and is it far to move your stuff to your new house? well have a good day God bless kelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it will be a cute kitchen.......at least Josh doesn't insist on white every where like some hubby I know!?  lol........."when families work on home projects together it keeps them close"  My mom and dad (God rest their souls) had their worst heated arguments while remodeling our home.....He would actually say h.e.double toothpicks, and she would actually say the d word that doesn't hold back water.  The worst words I ever heard them use.  lol  -  Barbara

    ReplyDelete