Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy V~Day

Two Valentines
(By Laugh and Lift list member Debbie Preuss)

VALENTINE TO THE LORD
(By Debbie Preuss, February 3, 2002)

Lord, I love You, You are mine
You fill me with a love divine
In everything I say or do
Father, I want to glorify you
May Your love light shine through me
To lead others to eternity
Every breath I take is Yours
As Your love over me pours
My heart beats only for You
May I honor You in all I do
My spirit lifts it's voice in praise
I will worship You, all my days
Lord, I cannot understand
Where I'd be without Your hand
You lift me up when I fall
You answer me when I call
Lord, all I am I give to You
For You make my heart brand new
I am the branch, You are the vine
Lord, I want to be Your valentine

DEAR CHILD, A VALENTINE FROM THE LORD
(By Debbie Preuss, February 10, 2002)

Child I love you, you know that now
As I reach down, to caress your brow
Trust Me now to work things out
Child, please come, don't My love doubt
I love you with My love divine
I know you are My valentine
So come to Me with everything
Let your doubts and fears take wing
Rejoice in Me, let your hair down
Someday, you will wear a crown
Lift your voice and sing with Me
Join all nature in the harmony
Come and worship, take a rest
Lay down your burden, be My guest
Let Me hold you for a while
How I love to see your smile
Know My child, that you are mine
I'm glad you are My valentine

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! :-)

    Happy Valentine's Day to you too! :-)

    Monica
    http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy v day to you also. Lori

    ReplyDelete