Monday, March 14, 2005

If I had enough room this would of been perfect...

"My ups, my downs, my victories, my defeats, my adoration, my apathy, my faith, my doubts, my questions -- and God's responses -- are recorded in my journals.  These entries are love letters from my heart to God's -- messages from His heart to mine -- letters sent special delivery to and from heaven that have changed my life on earth.  I sign my letters in ink that will one day fade.  But God signs His in indelible ink -- the blood of His Son shed for me, blood that covers my imperfection and allows me to pray openly to Him."

p. 13Lynn Morrissey, Love Letters to God

I get a weekly e-mail for WOV (Women Of Virtue) and this was part of it.  I thought wow! That is almost perfect to put in the discription section of my journal.  The one I have now is kinda stale I think.  But alas there is a 500 chareter limit and aperently that is over the limit.

Here is the scripture that goes with the e-mail.

This week's verse of encouragement:

"You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry,written not with ink but with the Spirit of the Living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts."
2 Corinthians 3:3 (NIV)

You know I have been poundering more my last post.  You know what I am thinking.. I am in for it.  Yep.  The little voice said to me, Sure it is easy for you to write that now, to say that to those going threw a test or a trial while you are in a comfortable place, but will you still be albe to say it when you are the one being flung up agenst the wall, when your own air bubbles are being worked out?? *Gulp*

You know I want to say.. BRING IT OWN, I CAN HANDLE WHAT EVER YOU THROW MY WAY. My faith is strong in him. But really I want to say... NOooooo  don't turn that heat up right now, I am very comfortable where I am.  Ya, maybe too comfortable??  So I am expecting something to happen, and soon.  I am praying my responce will be one that proves that I actualy believe what I say, that I can walk the walk, run the race just as well as I can talk the talk.  I don't know what it will be. I see many ppl going threw so much and I wonder could I respond with the right attidude? Will I be able to show Love to those who hurt me, Will I be able to trust that even if the situation has no positive out come in site, will I still trust that God is indeed in control and cast those cares to him?  Will my Peace in him be rattled or will I stay in this rest I have become acustom to? With him it could be anything but what ever it is, he is with me and when I get on the other side I will be changed just a bit more for his glory.  And that is a good thing!

Maybe it is going to be this weekend at the Women's Retreat? I am so looking forward to that.  More about that later.

1 comment:

  1. OH man I have never went on a womens retreat or any retreat. I just cant do that stuff. BUT I KNOW YOU WILL love it. our fellowship does it as a group each year. Each year they have a big cabin and wooded area and have lots of stuff but lots of free time. I just cant take constantly being with others. In crowds oh my gosh. See Im must be crazy or mentally un blanaced. Lori

    ReplyDelete