Saturday, September 24, 2005

Taking time for The Saturday Six

I would hope everyone knows the drill by now.. here is the link to Pat's Place.

1. Of the following, which one best describes you at your worst?  (You can't select "None of the above!")
    a. One who doesn't finish what he/she starts
    b. One who talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk
    c. One who always finds the worst in a situation
    d. One who generally knows what's right but does what's wrong

Ugh!  Do I have to answer that one?? OK... I would say all apply in some way or another (not perfect here) but A. would be most accurate.

2. Not counting shows like Saturday morning cartoons designed specifically for kids, what single show that you grew up watching religiously is now the one you most hate to sit through?

WWF WRESTLING.. OR ANY KIND OF T.V. WRESTLING! Face it.. it is FAKE FAKE and has changed over the years to be more about sex and who can be the most ronchy.  It is banned in my house and for the life of me I don't know what my parents were thinking in letting us watch such shows growing up.  I seem to remember even getting it on PayPreview once or twice.

3. Have you ever been so angry with a company that you swore you'd never do business with them again?  If so, did you keep that promise?

I try and follow the boycot listfor those companies that support planned parenthood.. no reason I should giving MY MONEY to those who will in turn give it over to those who MURDER children and bring more pain to women.  I have a list somewhere if you want it.. too long to post here but one includes Purdental Insurance (I had to canncel our pollicy and get a new one somewhere else)

4. Take this quiz:  Are you psychic?

You Are 80% Psychic
You are so very psychic.
But you already predicted that, didn't you? You have "the gift" - and you use it daily to connect with others. You're very tapped into the world around you...Just make sure to use your powers for good!

Duh!  LOL If you look down a few entries to What Are Your Spirtual Gifts Quiz, you will see I scored highest on Prophetic and that is the lable I prefer to use then Psychic.  The way I see it Prophetic is of God, Psychic is of Satan.

5. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #68 from Lily: What's the longest you've talked on the phone in a single phone call, and who were you talking to? Can I plead the 5th on this one???  I have been known to talk long distance with my friend up in Wisconsin till the battery dies on my phone.  But this is a far inbetween thing so we always have lots to catch up on.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #69 from Betty:   (She recently returned from a trip to Las Vegas!)  How do you feel about gambling? I grew up partly in Vegas and gambling was all around me.. yess even at the gas stations and grocrey stores. I have seen first hand from friends dealing with parents who had gambling problems how it destroyes people.  Personaly I have no draw to it, I think it is a wast of money and time and boring.  The Bible is not specific on gambling but it does talk about being a good stewart with the gifts God has given us and in my opinion gambling is not being very dilagant with your money and if you think about it, if you do win it would be like taking form those less fortanate then you.  I don't even play the lottory or foot ball pools.

2 comments:

  1. Good answers; I liked how you answered question #4 and #6. I agree, the Bible is not specific about gambling, but it does say to be a good steward of your resources. To gamble thinking you are going to hit it rich and take away money from other priorities is definitely wrong in my opinion. I never buy lottery tickets either. (BTW, I'm not the Betty who submitted that question for Patrick's Saturday 6; I haven't been to Las Vegas in years, but I do like to go to look at the hotels, etc).

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your journal. Thanks for leaving me the link!

    http://journals.aol.com/easuess/madsecretary

    ReplyDelete