Tuesday, November 4, 2003

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God

Sad that most ppl look at churches and religion and see the false, the lie, the ones on power trips. And because of this they can not get past it and get to the Truth and the heart of it all.  Clue, not all who claim to be Christians are.  Let's take the example of the wheat and the tares:  Mt 13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Mt 13:38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one 40As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.  I think this is the most sad vers in the whole Bible:

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

3 comments:

  1. Matt 25: 31-46 "For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you didn not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me. I was sick and in prison and did you help? I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    Look at the wealth in Churches today and the poverty all around them and tell me who the goats are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys make such excellent points, you can tell how easy it is to be torn between the two. Someones you just must feel compelled to follow your heart and hope it is the right way. =-D But yes I do agree that the poor are not being helped with the tithing, so who is? ....
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel i need to say..first i was raised my entire life in church by my grandmother..what bothers me is when religious ppl quote the Bible to try & control other ppl..i respect your beliefs & admire anyone who can remain a christian in this day & age..but i believe( and this is just my opinion) that minor things such as halloween or harry potter aren't what makes a person wrong with God..i think ppl should try to live right the best they know how & remember God is love

    ReplyDelete