Friday, November 21, 2003

The Wife Card?

">      Ephesians 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. 22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies.He that loveth his wife loveth himself.   Some do not like the idea of submiting just because they dont understand what it means.When I do it my husband says I am playing the wife card! Husbands have a big resposiblity, he will be held accountable for all that goes on in his home. That is why I let mine have the finaly say, cuz the way I see it, it's on his head if it goes right or wrong.If I have submitted I did my part.Now that doesn't mean I don't give my input, or that I would be asked to do something unhonorable. If you notice the vers says submit one to another and love your wife! So it is not as if he rules over me, that is what many think submision is about.If he loves me as Christ loves his church then I will give him all like I would give Christ.Here is an example,something we are going threw right now.  We do need another car, the ones we have now are in bad shape and my husband is concerned about saftey.  We do not have cash to just buy one and our credit is not in the best of shape. I feel that we should do what we can with the ones we have and that God will provide when the time is right. But it is like my husband has cars on the brain and that is all the can think about. He is in the process of trying to get us a car loan. I feel that is not a good thing to do at this time cuz we will be stuck with a high rate and winter is coming up, the slowest time of year for his job.  I do not want to have to worry about a car payment.  I have told him all this, showed him my position and said, I leave it to you cuz that is your job, it is on you.  He calls that playing the wife card! Like I am sneeking out of my resposiblity lol.  Nope that is not how I see it, he just dosn't like it that its on him, even though that is what God has required of him.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Great explanation. Mind if I incorporate your technique into my marriage? Quietly deferring to him, "playing that card" yet laying the final consequences of decision squarely in his court ... hmmm. .. how can I make this work to get that SHED for the backyard we can't seem to agree on???

    Your journal is awesome.

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete