Saturday, November 29, 2003

A Happy Reunion (thanks Shady for the pic)

I hope everyone had a Blessed Holiday and had good food and good company.  Mine was great but not quite right with out my husband their to fully enjoy it.  We had dinner with my father-law and his wife and her grown children. About the same old same old we do every year.  I did make some side dishes this year and they turned out perty well. Josh was on the road with his mom, they ate at a truck stop and ofcourse the food was lousey.  Runny pumpkin pie? ewww.

I had planned on getting the house spik and span and all the laundry done before Josh and my mother and law got here.  But ofcourse time escaped me and I did a half ass job, still looks good on the surface but not the deep clean that I always feel is needed when company comes to town.  I was so glad Josh called me before he got into town and gave me the hour heads up.  He was very early and I was scrambling to get it all done.  We had a happy reunion as you can imagin.  And it will be nice to have his mom two hours a way.  I told her that she is welcome any time as long as she gives me at least an hour's notice, that is all I ask lol.  So yet again my husband and I are seprated as he went over to ILL. to unpack his mom.  I will go over there tomorrow after church to pick him up.  Org. we planned on all of us going, but I did not want to miss church because my friend Riley is going to be there, he is home Thanksgiving and will be leaving Monday and wont be back till Christmas and my daughter Annie has come down with a cold so that squashed it.  A deeper entry coming up I promise.  Just updating right now.

2 comments:

  1. Aw that is sad your husband wasn't there to eat Thanksgiving with you! I have yet to make your mac N cheese recipe you passed along, *thinks she will make it for lunch tomorrow* anyway! just checking in on you!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving too! I'm glad you did also even tho Hubby wasn't there:(

    ReplyDelete