Wednesday, November 12, 2003

"Are You Ready? Let's Roll" Last few words heard from Todd Beamer

">   A friend lent me this book since she was already reading several.  She got it on sale and asked me to preview it for her.  I was holding back my drool.  I love to read and have been eyeing this one forever but I have been too wraped up to get into a book.  I got this book Friday and finished it last night. It may look familar to you and the name Beamer may ring some bells for you.  It was for me anyways.

I highly recomend this book!  It honors a great Hero and tells the story from his widow,Lisa Beamer's prespective.  The first chapter took me right back to that day on 9-11-01. I cried openly as I read her words.  She like many of us saw the events happening on t.v. and was in the same shock. But unlike me, she had a loved one flying that day.  It was later that she and the world found out how important a role her husband played on that tragic day in our history. 

Todd Beamer and other passangers of United Flight '93 over took the plane highjacked by terrorists and crashed it before it could reach our capital and possibly killing even more inoccent pp. It is Todd's theme saying for his life "Let's Roll" that was recorded in history as they leapt into action.  He and his wife are examples of how pepole live out thier faith, instead of just talking about it.  I would say this book is a must read!

Esther 4:14 "who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for [such] a time as this?"

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the info because i actually didn't know who Todd Beamer was. i'll have to check this book out...he is a hero!

    ReplyDelete