Friday, November 21, 2003

What I wrote to that group, after being IM and demanding I give an apology

To all who may have been offended by the pic I sent called Crazy Baby I am sorry if it bothered you and you have a right to your feelings.  If I thought the picture was going to hurt anyone I would have Never sent it in the first place. The picture was more of a commentary of what silly things some ppl do with their photo shop programs.  It was not endorsing mutilation. I would be the first to report it if I thought someone did that to their kid!  When I first saw the pic I had my little girl sitting on my lap, and she didn't see anything wrong, all she had to say was Cute BABY.  I did a whole journal entry about how I pray that she will not bring a boyfriend like that home and jokingly wrote I am in for some trouble when she hits her teens. But the sad fact is many ppl have piercings and emulate that to their children.  Some dads may think its cool if JR. grows up and gets a tattoo and noise ring just like him. . To each his own.  We live in a diverse group and not everyone is the same or will look the same.  As I am reminded over and over in this group not everyone has the same beliefs, hold the same values or is cut from the same cloth and that we are to be respectful to everyone.  Some thought the pic funny, some did not.  I do not think all the things that come from this group are my cup of tea, some of the tags of how women scantly dressed or in provocative posse or bad girl attitude is not for me but I respect the fact that we are all different and if they want to have that as their tag, who am I to ask them to take it off.   I really enjoyed this group a lot and you are all wonderful ladies.  But over and over there seems to be little things that come up and I am always at the center of it.  The whole purpose of the group is to have fun but for me all the rules and the issues have become too much to accommodate.  So please take me off your lists and I will unsubscribe from the website. Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. Wow... powerful. Have they responded at all to it? If I wasn't such a good Christian woman, I'd say "F- 'em!".... but OF COURSE I would never say something so vulgar.... ;o) Keep yer chin up and SMILE! We still love you around here! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh huny...i think it's sweet you offered an apology. i know you didn't mean to intentionally hurt anyone. it's a shame you are going to unsubscribe to your group because of ppl going overboard about things. i'm sorry. i'm sure it will all work out in the end. oh and your last entry..it was like that when i was growing up..my grandmother offered her insight but it was up to my grandfather the results. i think it's a good way to live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always amazed by how people bring their own emotions and feelings into a photo. With words it's a bit easier to convey a message that is clearly understood, but with a photo it's almost the opposite. A photo means one thing to one person and another viewer will bring a whole new vibe to the image. Sorry you got a hassle for sharing what I think is a cute photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesus had a sense of humor. Some people would do wise to remember that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, I see I miss a lot around here. bc I don't know what you are all talking about... I stay so busy, I cannot keep up with the circle. Just wanted to say that I've always enjoyed your journal. I drop in from time to time (when I have time) I've never seen anything offending to me. One mother to another, I really admire you, girl!

    ReplyDelete