Wednesday, November 5, 2003

Not so Simple Rules

">    Last night was the funeral episode for 8 Simple Rules and we watched it.  Yes I bawled threw the whole thing.  It was very hard for me to watch and my husband even asked as it started if we should turn it.  As some of you may know John Ritter was also the voice for the PBS cartoon Clifferd The Big Red Dog, and my kids LOVE that show.  So when John died it was to me like Clifferd died too.  But aside from that the whole episode was dealing with a fathers death and that is something I know all to well and that is why it was so hard for me to watch. My father died just after I turned 18, about the same age as those girls on that show.  It wasnt sudden like John's death, we knew it was coming, and no we wasn't real close like the girls from that show seemed to be with thier dad, but still I know what the pain is like. I am not sure if I should say bravo or boo to ABC for choosing to keep the show with out John. It is a very funny show but some how dosnt seem right with out him.

If we learn anything from his death I hope that it is WE ARE NOT PROMISED TOMOROW, DEATH CAN COME ANYTIME, FOR IT IS APOINTED ONCE FOR MAN TO DIE AND THEN THE JUDGMENT. Do not put off to tomorow what should be done today!

2 comments:

  1. My mom was bawling at that show too. I couldn't stand to watch it, too painful. I would die if my father passed away. Absolutely breakdown.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. i couldn't agree with you more..death is so hard...my heart goes out to anyone who has to experience it...i think everyone loved john ritter..i know i will always laugh at his jack tripper character in three's company..

    ReplyDelete