Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Crazy Baby offensive?

That pic I posted in my journal of the baby doctored up to look like  he had tats and piercings, that I found on a differnt website has caused a stirr in a SAHM group I am apart of.  I found it sad and funny.  I passed it along to that group threw e-mail saying this is funny but I hope it was done on photo shop or something or else that would run along the lines of child abuse.  Well at first I got many e-mails saying how funny and then one saying to the effect that how dare I send such a picture along and that it was objectable to her (granted she is griveing a loss of a child so I will take that at face value, we all have opionons)  But I would of never sent it if I knew it would be such a big deal and besides I have seen much worse come threw that group!  Well today I got slamed in IM by one of the group leaders.  Saying how that hurt my Christian Witness and would Jesus of sent that pic? Well I said Jesus had a sense of humor and I am not Perfect like Jesus yet.  Then she goes on saying it would be best if before I sent any other pics threw the group that I should have them cleared first or if I was going to send some thing that may disrespectful to have a disclaimer on it.  Well duh, if I thought it was disrespectful I wouldnt of sent it along.  And I do not want to walk on eggshells for every post I make, and is it fair to ask me to clear every thing, are they going to ask that of everyone in the group?? Basicaly she said some ppl wanted to report me to TOS for that pic.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME!   OH but dont have hard feelings, just wanted to make me aware of the situation.  Breath Mary.  Ok.  I feel better.  It anitn nothing to get all upset over.  We all have our issues.  There I have vented, I feel better!

7 comments:

  1. Ohh..that makes ME mad! They want you to get pictures "cleared" by them? Who are they? God? Let them report you to TOS! AOL has much better things to do with their time than deal with a doctored photo! Now *I* need to vent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. If the group is moderated by someone else I can see if they took offense wanting to put that in check. Also, the lady who is grieving...I can understand her reaction too. I do believe both are over the top reactions but that is life with other humans. When you posted to my blog (etc) I thought it was silly but now after reading about this poor lady losing her child...it's understandable. I guess with the controlling moderator you can decide if you want to live with that or not. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can't please everyone honey. Theres a world full of fuddy duddies out there that love to ruin peoples good moods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's to many uppety people in this world and there seems to be a lot of them in our own churches. And for anyone to believe the photo to not be a fake are really in need of getting a new life. Keep on doing what you and we'll all be back to enjoy your Journal.

    John G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that you are great and I don't think that the picture is a big deal. If they have a problem with it then they should close their eyes. Don't worry what they think because they are over exagerating. Sorry I can't spell, but you get what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is ridiculous! there was nothing wrong with that pitcure..it was meant to be funny and if anyone took it any other way then they just want something to complain about. you shouldn't have to have your pitcures cleared first over this. i'm sorry you got slammed by such close-minded ppl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, I didn't get this picture through the group.... not sure why but, my opinion is that my heart goes out to the one who lost her child. However there was a big deal made over nothing. The picture is fake and considering that if anyone dared tried to do this too a child , children services and cops and other agencies would step in, take the child and put the parents in jail!! Don't worry about their opinion. You know it was fun and games. siempre, Shasta

    ReplyDelete