Monday, November 10, 2003

Don't Forget to Honor a Vet

I have been thinking and praying about who to honor in my journal this Vetern's Day.  Thre are so many who deserve to be honored.  I have some in my family who I could of done it on and even my own father who was in the Coast Gaurd.  But there was one person who I knew deserved it, and I wanted to get to know him better.  So I asked him to share with me some of his record and asked if I could feature him in my journal.  I don't know why vets dont see them selves as heros and are embrassed to get attention, but after from what I hear some coxing from his wife he sent me the info. 

I met Bill threw aol journals.  He was the number 1 pick for his journal "Comments on the events of my Life" when I was only number 4 on the list.  And reading his journal I could see why he got the much deserved #1 spot.  I have been following his journal ever since.  Tomorrow I will try and do him justice and honor him in my journal.  He is a great writer, and a wonderful man from all I have read on him.  I must confess he has reminded me of my own father and they do share some simlarites. Both share the name Bill and both have been in the Coast Guard.  Also both have been in security in Las Vegas.  More on him tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

  1. Bill followed his father and grandfather not in just what he did with his life but the admirable way he lived it. He seems very gruff but is a sensitive person. He has a strong faith and sense of duty. I'm proud of him. I wish all our veterans were honored , not just today but at all times. We all too easily forget their sacrifices.

    ReplyDelete