Friday, November 21, 2003

13yrd Surfer Girl has arm Bit off by Shark, yet keeps her faith!

">    " I know God has a plan for my life"

I was watching 20/20 tonight with my son and that show has given me about a weeks worth of posts! LOL I will start with the possitve.  The clip leading into this segment a young girl said " I know God loves me and has a plan for my life" and went into explain that this talented 13yrd on her way to the pros in the surfer world had her arm bit off.  When she said that that I knew she was a Christian and my son looked and me and he said "How cool MOM, even after all that she knows God has a plan for her, I will have to share this story"  I am sure that most of what she said about her faith was on the cutting room floor. I went to her website and was amazed by all I found there.  What a testimony this little girl is and is going to be!  Threw the whole attack she never once cried out and she remainded calm the whole time. She was in prayer right away, asking God to help her and keep her safe.  And now on the road to recovery, she is determaind to surf again!  Just an awesome story!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...that is an awesome story!! I have been reading your entries and enjoying them very much. You have a very diverse journal which makes it very interesting. Thanks for visiting me earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched 20/20 too and this child is just amazing! She has such amazing faith and strength. I'm so glad you wrote about her.

    ReplyDelete