Friday, September 19, 2003

And why has it become so "vogue" to be cynical.. just a rant.

Came upon an intresting blog entry that I could probly rant all day about..McLog "Why is it always the kookiest religious people that get the most exposure and have the broadest reach?  Whether it's fundamentalist Christians or fundamentalist Muslims, those are the ones that people gravitate to."

Ugh for one he was quoting the 700 club (no I am not a fan but I am aware of who Pat is) and another thing is that he did not seem to have an opinion of what his own beliefs are. Fundamentalist by definition take their religion seriously, they don't walk the fence and have chosen what they do and do not believe and they live by it. Does this make them all wacky and out of their minds, well if you don't have a particular belief of your own or you are just claiming a particular religion out of tradtion and have no Heart for it, then I am sure they seem that way and easy to criticize. Not that I am surprised, for this is the sign of the times, and I should not get so irritated. More of this characterization will be happening, and soon, even moderate believers will be grouped with the "crazies and cults" And if you are not into this one world religioin called secularism, and only call on God or the Higher Power when you need comfort or a nice oh ok, i said a prayer i paid my dues.. ugh.  What is the saying?" Either you Stand for something or you Fall for Everything." Sigh..like I said I could rant all day but I will not waste my energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment