Thursday, September 11, 2003

Another fun day on AOL

Yet another problem with my AOL. This time I keep getting a run time error stating that a command from and list a big long AOL file.. has requested termination in an unusual way. NICE. I have gotten it like 7 times today. My AOL completely shuts down and I loose what ever I had been working on (my journal! my last post was alot more in lenth and had pics). I spent the better part of a day trying to resolve this problem. As I was in chat with AOL support it did it again. Then I went back to chat and ofcourse got a different guy. He said I need to uninstall this version of AOL all together and reinstall 7.0! Ugh. I asked well what if I just upgrade online to 9.0, will that help. NOPE it has to be from a disk. So out of utter frustration I called AOL to ask for a disk, since my AOL came with this putter. More run around from the guy with the heavy accent (you know all the customer service jobs are going over to India right!) All I wanted was a 9.0 disk but no, can only order it online. Finally he said he would put an order in for me. In the mean time I have gotten two detailed e-mails from support both of them diginosing the problem differntly and telling me differnt ways of trying to correct it. Sigh. If anything I will get my 9.0 disk sent to me, finaly. Crossing my fingers that if I do some of the things from the e-mails it will help and I dont have to do the unistall thing untill I do get a disk and my online life will resume to normal lol. ya right

No comments:

Post a Comment