Thursday, September 18, 2003

AWwwwwww A Mouse!

OMG! We had a little friend visit us today!

AnnMarie(my 6yrd) was changing into her pj's in the bathroomand she screemed out MOM Thier is a RAT IN HERE!!  Laughing at her I came in thinking she must of saw a creepy crawling bug that we some times have and she is exsagerating.  I asked her"Where did you see this rat, there is no rat here is there?" She was standing on the toddlers foot stool and pointed behind the toilet.  Well I have a bunch of junk there, my cabootal and the normal bathroom cleaning stuff,so i kick at the pile to see if a bug was going to jump out.  And to my SHOCK IT WAS A MOUSE!! I jumped back in surprise and yelled to Josh," IT's A Mouse! Get in here and deal with it!!" So he steped in and us scaredy pants fled to the living room and shut Josh in the bathroom.  Took him a few minets to get the sucker, but he was humain about it and let him go out side.  He said it's just a little hopper mouse, you have seen them before, why you freaking out, you used to have pet rats.  Well yes that is true, but my pet rats, Amanda and Michell, where tame rats raised from birth, not wild.  And so the rest of the night the kids freaked about the mouse.  I couldn't even get Sophia to take a bath, she thought the mouse would be in there so she clung to daddy.  I know this is going to be an issue for atleast a week! ugh!  Let's just hope this was a one time visit, and it didn't have friends!

2 comments:

  1. There is no such thing as one mouse...

    cute story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hunybea:

    If I'd lived closer I'd bring you one of my cats for a few days.
    They may not know what to do with it once they have got it, but they would catch them if there are any more.
    but I think driving to missouri to bring you a cat is a bit redundt.
    May I suggest a mouse trap instead?

    GWeyant@aol.com

    ReplyDelete