Monday, September 15, 2003

Men and how they can crush a women sometimes!


This Sunday was one of those rear days that I felt like dressing up.  I don't do this too often but the girls looked so cute today in their dresses that I felt that I should attempt to look nice too.  Normally I am a T-shirts and jeans kind of gal, even for Church since we go to a very relaxed one and no one really cares about looks.  Mostly I do not have time after getting everyone else ready to do anything for myself.  So me taking time in the bathroom to do makeup and me wearing a dress
for church is not an often occurrence.  And the times I do do any thing I get the hurry up comments from hubby.  I was quite pleased as I put on my new bra and girdle I got last month for mom's wedding, it was not as tight and fit good.  I could breath.  And I went threw my closet disgusted that I did not have much to choose from but I picked out a dress that I had never worn. It was a size 16 and I thought it would be tight, but it was perfect! I was very pleased, my little bit of dieting is working. I was flying high as I was primping in the mirror.  Hubby was coming up stairs from his shower in our second bathroom, he yelled "Where's YOUR MOM?" to the kids and they chimed she is getting dressed.  I smiled, because I was already dressed and just putting on a little touch of make-up.  As he walked by the bathroom to our room he stopped, and asked "Why are you all dressed up?"  I said no reason; can't I look nice for church? Then comes the crusher.  He said are you going to put on your new girdle with that dress? I stopped dead in mid mascara stroke and looked at him.  I thought to my self, don't I look nice? Am I that fat that even with the squeezing undies on I look buldgie?  I said to him "Thanks, I am already wearing it!! Don't I like ok?! Oh he knew he screwed up and put his hands up and walked away. And from the other room he did say you do look ok.  Well I know I shouldn't have let that kill my spirit but it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment