Friday, September 19, 2003

Poundering Part 1 (yet again ran out of room, lost the best parts in the IM)

Main Entry: fun·da·men·tal·ism
Pronunciation: -t
&l-"i-z&m
Function: noun
Date: 1922
1 a : often capitalized : a movement in 20th century Protestantism emphasizing the literally interpreted Bible as fundamental to Christian life and teaching b : the beliefs of this movement c : adherence to such beliefs
2 : a movement or attitude stressing strict and literal adherence to a set of basic principles
- fun·da·men·tal·ist /-t
&l-ist/ noun
- fundamentalist or fun.da.men.tal.is.tic adjectiv
OK, I had to be smart and look up that term to make sure it was correctly defined by me in my last post. I see I was about right. Am I a fundamentalist?? Good question and one I will have to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment